just want to say thank you tape op

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

elan
gettin' sounds

just want to say thank you tape op

Post by elan » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:56 am

hello

just thank you to send me the free copy of tape op here in italy, it's really a great present, and i'm so thank you because i'm poor.

Kevinseidel
audio school

Like a kid when my TapeOp arrives

Post by Kevinseidel » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:06 pm

A friend turned me onto your magazine about 5 or so years ago. Back then, I'd say I understood about 50% of the content. That's probably pushing it. I'm happy to report I'm up to about a 75% comprehension level! And while I'm mostly a home 'enthusiast,' the things I've learned here have helped me any number of ways, including when my own band has recorded in a professional studio, and for my job in advertising.

I'm sure I'm like a lot of your readers in the fact that when TapeOp arrives in my mail box, I get this sort of giddy "it's here!" moment that's mostly been missing since my childhood.

So a great big thanks for continuing to put out such a great product, and feeding my ever-growing knowledge and inspiration. I hope to even make it to a conference one day and soak up even more information.

Kevin Seidel

TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpLarry » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:54 am

Thanks for the kind words! I'd like to point out that we haven't done a TapeOpCon since 2007. Craig Schumacher, our conference director, did do Pot Luck Audio Con last year in New Orleans, but I believe he is not doing that event this year.
Larry Crane, Editor/Founder Tape Op Magazine
please visit www.tapeop.com for contact information
(do not send private messages via this board!)
www.larry-crane.com

capnreverb
takin' a dinner break

Post by capnreverb » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:14 pm

That such a wonderful mag arrives in my mail box for free is so beyond generous that it almost seems too good to be true. It really does inspire me when I read all the stuff in there.

I think it's the only magazine I get that I actually carefully read all the adds. And the reviews are helpfull too. I dont feel like someone is selling me something when I read them.

The only other magazine i ever get or buy is the Wire out of the UK. I like that music magazine because it gives the same coverage to all genres of music. Tape Op is similar in a way. I fell no taste bias.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the finger genius
re-cappin' neve

Post by the finger genius » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks to Larry and the rest of Tapeop!
vvv wrote:
That said, what I'm gettin' at is, perfectionism is for the truly defective.

You may quote me.

uncle bastard
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by uncle bastard » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:22 am

I'd just like to add my thanks to the list. Since reading TapeOp, my recording quality has improved tenfold. Seriously, keeping my levels down to -12 for mixing alone has made a massive difference in my perception of recorded sound. I don't have much gear, expensive stuff is out of my reach, but I am learning new ways to get the best out of what I have via the magazine and forums.

valverec
gettin' sounds

Post by valverec » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:51 am

Yes, thank you! I've been getting TapeOp for free for many years now, and I really appreciate it. It's been sitting proudly on my toilet for probably a decade now. Your sponsors should be happy too, because I get most of my new gear info from your reviews/ads. It's really the best place for gear makers to get the word out on their equipment.

Thanks!

:!:
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill