Suggestion -- Move Prices to Top of Reviews

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

Dan Fitzpatrick
audio school graduate

Suggestion -- Move Prices to Top of Reviews

Post by Dan Fitzpatrick » Tue May 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Just want to say I love Tape Op, it is fantastic and I thank you. I have been a subscriber for about four years. It has really changed my life and that's no exaggeration. I have almost all the issues I've gotten still saved and I reread them all the time while waiting for the new issues to arrive. I get new things out of the old issues all the time.

Minor thing I've been wanting to suggest, move the prices of items in reviews to the top of the review. I always go to the end and look at the price before I start reading, and I'm sure I'm not alone. It sure would be more convenient to have it at the top. It's especially annoying when the price isn't even on the same page the review starts on.

There is just no way I can read a review of something intelligently not knowing if the thing is a couple hundred dollars or a few thousand. I still read them I just need to know this very important piece of info up front.

Anyway, keep up the good work and thanks again.

Sorry if this has been suggested before, I did a cursory search and didn't find anything.

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Tue May 12, 2009 3:38 pm

I second this request/suggestion. I like to know whether I'm reading penthouse forum or the craigslist personals.
Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.

Brian Brock
buyin' a studio

Post by Brian Brock » Sat May 16, 2009 6:50 pm

I remember the old days, when there were no prices, unless the reviewer mentioned it by way of illustrating a point.

That kind of rocked the tape op esthetic, to me...