Great Lake Swimmers

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

Zoltar
gettin' sounds

Great Lake Swimmers

Post by Zoltar » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:42 pm

great interview with Tony of the Great Lake swimmers. I have enjoyed his music for years, and of course the stories about how each album is recorded goes along with each release. Tony has such a great voice and the song writing is exceptional, the music gets a lot of well deserved attention in Canada.

it is great that they he has taken chances on each recording, with untested techniques. I wish more artists had the confidence, sense of adventure and raw talent to try this sort of thing. a far stretch from nickleback.

thanks for the article.

ott0bot
dead but not forgotten

Post by ott0bot » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:52 pm

How dare you insult Nickelback!!! Those guys are the real heroes! Didn't you hear that song he did with Santana where almost half of his vocal part wasn't doubled and auto-tuned. Talk about taking risks!

but seriously...I enjoyed Great Lake Swimmers live show immensly. I saw them when Bodies and Minds came out. Then I had beers with a few of the band members at a Tiki Bar (if i remeber correctly). Very nice guys. I took some photos of the show too, but the film got jammed in my Lomo.

But for some reason I never got into the albums. Maybe I'll give them another listen.