Idea for an Interview

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

little_beach
audio school

Idea for an Interview

Post by little_beach » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:19 am

I've only been a tape op reader for the past 3 years, but from what I understand, it used to be based out of Portland, Oregon. Is that right, guys?

Not to detract from the awesome Jackpot! studios associated with Larry Crane, but I'd really like to see another kick-ass Portland studio get a little lime light, or ink time, as the case may be.

Opal Studio, in SE PDX is my ideal for a recording studio. Cozy, professional, and versatile. I have personally recorded a few projects there over the years, which ultimately helped to inspire me to open my own studio here at the coast.

I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about asking, but with Kevin Hahn's (owner/operator of Opal Studio) impressive roster of clients, mics/gear, and amazing attitude to the recording process, I'm surprised he hasn't graced the pages of my favorite mag yet, considering that both he and tape op sprung from the same musically fertile NW soil.

And yep, this is my first post, so feel free to pelt the noob :D

-Rich
"If the love of life disappears, no meaning can console us." -Fyodor Dostoyevsky