David Bazan?

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:29 pm

charlievela wrote:Live at Electrical Audio is pretty boss too. Best version of "I Never Wanted You" in my opinion. TW Walsh mixed part of it live online. If you're not subscribing to his twitter you're missing out.
Crap! Is that out already? I thought is was coming out at the end of next month!

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

AlexHerd
takin' a dinner break

Post by AlexHerd » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:54 am

Artifex wrote: That's funny. I'm on the other side of that fence, I loved Pedro the Lion and David Bazan's first solo EP, but this record feels kinda weak and inconsistent at times to me. It's not bad at all though. Mine came with a 45 including a cover of Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen and it's an incredible cover.
I'm definitely a bigger Pedro fan, but I think the songwriting on Curse Your Branches is strong enough to keep me interested. I really liked the Fewer Moving Parts EP too, it had much more of a Pero feel to it.
TapeOpLarry wrote:I swear that I though we DID interview Dave once. I guess not as I can't find it in my index. Wow, getting old and senile...
Haha. Guess you should do one then :)

cgarges wrote:
charlievela wrote:Live at Electrical Audio is pretty boss too. Best version of "I Never Wanted You" in my opinion. TW Walsh mixed part of it live online. If you're not subscribing to his twitter you're missing out.
Crap! Is that out already? I thought is was coming out at the end of next month!

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
Pre-order for LP & CD/instant download:

http://www.davidbazan.com/discography/l ... cal-audio/

twwalsh
studio intern

Post by twwalsh » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:20 am

TapeOpLarry wrote:I swear that I though we DID interview Dave once. I guess not as I can't find it in my index. Wow, getting old and senile...
We did do an interview after Achilles Heel, and John even took photos of us in Sacramento. But I guess it never got finished.

AlexHerd
takin' a dinner break

Post by AlexHerd » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am

twwalsh wrote:
We did do an interview after Achilles Heel, and John even took photos of us in Sacramento. But I guess it never got finished.
Hmmmm....!

BTW, can't wait to get the Electrical Audio vinyl, I think you did a great job on the CYB vinyl.

twwalsh
studio intern

Post by twwalsh » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:34 am

AlexHerd wrote:
twwalsh wrote:
Hmmmm....!

BTW, can't wait to get the Electrical Audio vinyl, I think you did a great job on the CYB vinyl.
Thanks. The electrical audio stuff was interesting. They all played in the same room with no isolation, including vocals. So a big part of the sound is the RE20 on Dave's vocals.

AlexHerd
takin' a dinner break

Post by AlexHerd » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:52 am

twwalsh wrote:
AlexHerd wrote:
twwalsh wrote:
Hmmmm....!

Thanks. The electrical audio stuff was interesting. They all played in the same room with no isolation, including vocals. So a big part of the sound is the RE20 on Dave's vocals.
Ya? I did a recording a few years ago that I had to use the live vox mic for most of the drum sound. It was actually pretty cool because I ended up really liking the sound, so I guess it works out some times...

Thanks for poping your head in. Hopefully Larry can unearth the interview.