Larry I totally agree with your reply

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

billkahler
gimme a little kick & snare

Larry I totally agree with your reply

Post by billkahler » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:56 am

Larry, I totally agree with your response to my letter about the discontinued N.I. B4II but I think it may have been edited. Thought I might offer these points:

I had just spent the money for the upgrade on the software a very short time before they ended the product. I'm sure they knew they were selling an upgrade to a product that was going away. Might as well have burned some 20's in my front yard! I just think it's reasonable for a company to give you a heads up on when they are discontinuing something, since you have to register etc., and they have contact info.

Additionally, the $60 replacement product mentioned is pretty cool, but why didn't N.I. tell me about it? Seems like the company is a little screwy when it comes to customer service.

Then on the other hand, I bought some way out of date T Racks IK Multimedia software for 50 bucks, and they gave me a download link for the latest version of the 400 buck mastering software! Which company do you think I am going to buy from?
billkahler.com (musician)
prettygoodgig.com (conversations with musical people podcast)
ufofarm.com (organic electronica)

TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpLarry » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:09 pm

Bill,
I did edit your letter, as I do most, in order to keep it short. Plus I like to keep the company names out of it as something like this is a more general, across the board issue. You're right, it does come down to good customer relations and service in the end. Let's face it, stealing software kinda sucks for the people who make it, but if they toss a freebie to someone that has shown the initiative to purchase their stuff they might have a customer for life with little outlay.
Larry Crane, Editor/Founder Tape Op Magazine
please visit www.tapeop.com for contact information
(do not send private messages via this board!)
www.larry-crane.com