New issue! Kurt Ballou!

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

alex matson
re-cappin' neve

Post by alex matson » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:06 pm

This is kind of an out of the blue comment from a guy that listens to much mellower stuff - I just had to find some Converge stuff to know what they sound like - but what strikes me the most about bands like this is the same thing I think about psychobilly:
it's the sheer endurance of the players that is jaw dropping for me, particularly the drummers. Dayum.

ScottEvans
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by ScottEvans » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:39 pm

Thanks all! The interview was fun to do, and I'm glad people dig it.

I have a bunch of leftovers that didn't make the article... hoping to get those on my blog in the next month or two.
scott evans :: tape op senior contributor :: antisleep audio :: kowloon walled city

W DeMarco
pluggin' in mics

Post by W DeMarco » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:57 am

Having never heard Kurts recordings or bands I found the article on him very interesting and informative. At the end of the article health insurance came up in a question and answer. Reading this made me recall an article I read in a guitar mag in the late eighties. The gist of the article was how to have a professional life in the music field, the first point that was made was without health insurance the musician walks a line that could quickly lead to disaster and it considered insurance among your first and most important responsibilities to yourself and your career. It explained that a simple illness or accident could destroy you financially overnight. Not to bring up a politically debatable topic but I doubt that our new health care reforms will change that situation much at all and I was very happy to see this concern come out in the pages of TapeOp.