Issue #76 - Stop Cymbal Splash - Author?

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

Arturo
alignin' 24-trk

Issue #76 - Stop Cymbal Splash - Author?

Post by Arturo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:40 pm

I can't recall who wrote that article and I might have inadvertently recycled that issue. Would anyone help? Thank you.

I thought that article was revelatory especially considering the types of environments a number of us find ourselves recording drums in. Thanks again in advance.

Arturo
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Arturo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:16 pm

It was the article about recording drums. Kind of sandwiched inside of the Gurf Morlix interview if I recall correctly.

Arturo
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Arturo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:50 am

Does someone have an copy of issue #76? Would you look inside of it and let me know the article name and author, please? I want to do a google search and possibly find the article and any others by the author. Thank you.

E-money
pushin' record

Post by E-money » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:10 pm

The article was written by Chas Ferry with Marcos Lopez-Iglesias.

There is also an interview in #76 with Kurt Ballou where he addresses hi-hat dampening.

#76 was a great issue with some good DIY articles (using transformers and home-made mechanical reverbs).
"Politics are like sports, where all the teams suck"

Arturo
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Arturo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Thanks E! That was a great issue. The article on xfrmrs was great especially because the place I was working at the time had cardboard bins with old transformers just like the ones in the article. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to make a "colorizer" or whatever they're considered. Again, thanks. If anyone wants to talk about recording drums in that manner, I'm up for the conversation. I'll be tracking drums this week with 4 mics in a relatively small room. Let me know if I should move this conversation to another part of the tomb.