Wrecking Crew story May/June 2015

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

krizrox
audio school graduate

Wrecking Crew story May/June 2015

Post by krizrox » Fri May 22, 2015 11:16 am

Kind of an odd interview and story. Not your usual type of in-depth interview/discussion. Was something left out? Was looking forward to some insider insight into the making of the film and the people surrounding it.

Anyway, can't wait to see the movie. I remember Tommy Tedesco's Guitar Player columns. Always a fav of mine.

A few years back, I managed to attract the attention of Carol Kaye on Facebook. I had posted a picture of her in the studio back in the 60's on my FB page. I must have made reference to the term "wrecking crew" in the post. One of my FB friends forwarded the post to Carol (also on FB) and she took the time to respond directly to me. She made it clear, in no uncertain terms, that she hated the name "wrecking crew" and hated the photo I had posted even more. I was a little shocked. I would have been happy to remove the offending photo but before I could respond she had already blocked me lol

I did a little digging and found her website and low and behold, I found a brief discourse on why she hated that name. Apparently, none of the actual members of that group ever used that term. It was a name that was bestowed upon them by someone outside the group. She took considerable exception to that. In her mind someone was changing history.

When I saw the multiple shots of Carol in the article I laughed out loud. Be sure to send her a copy lol.
Larry Kriz
LnL Recording
Elgin, IL
www.LnLrecording.com

TapeOpLarry
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Post by TapeOpLarry » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:25 am

I initially did the article as a review of the film, so Denny's interview was just a few quick questions via email. John B liked the pix so much he went and did the big layout.
Larry Crane, Editor/Founder Tape Op Magazine
please visit www.tapeop.com for contact information
(do not send private messages via this board!)
www.larry-crane.com