Weird Audio mic review

Feedback on the current issue, ideas for articles, questions about Tape Op

Moderators: TapeOpJohn, TapeOpLarry

Kmade
audio school

Weird Audio mic review

Post by Kmade » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:14 pm

I just read the review of the Weird Audio mic . I also saw this elsewhere https://www.alctron-audio.com/EN/microp ... /CS95.html
Can someone explain this to me , if weird audio buys these then upgrades them why are both companies frequency charts the same ? Why would you upgrade a mic to end up with the exact same frequency chart ? Just asking I’d really like to know

digitaldrummer
ghost haunting audio students

Re: Weird Audio mic review

Post by digitaldrummer » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:10 am

Kmade,

I would encourage you to contact Weird Audio directly and ask the question. I did write the review article, but I don't work for them and therefore I'm not qualified to answer the question on their behalf, just like everyone else here.

anyway, give them a shout and I'm sure they can answer your question.
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

TommyWeird
audio school

Re: Weird Audio mic review

Post by TommyWeird » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:35 pm

Kmade,
Thank you for reading the article. I appreciate you found another microphone that uses the same sleeve as our LRM. At least there is only one. We also have a Weird 47 we build and there are a lot of companies using that sleeve, as you know. I will say, no other company has permission to market a product with that sleeve in North America but Weird Audio. And you are correct in siting a website error especially because we have again enhanced the design. The LITTLE RED MONSTER mic has the same response range as a u67 and the pattern on average, more closely resembles the graph Townsend labs published of the u67. We will update soon. The LRM is unique in many ways, one is the tube, and we’d like to correct the report of the Sovtek 12AX7WA being the tube we use in production currently, it is actually the German made 12AX7WA-R. The “WAR” tube as it were, found in no other microphone in the world. Ultimately, there is no way the LRM sounds like another design. Jonathan Grossman of Night Shift Audio in LA, known for his work on many major motion pictures, and audio contributor to Good Dog Media, his brother Adam’s company, said of the LRM: “It’s simply the best microphone I’ve ever used to record acoustic guitar.” This is one of many such responses from our customers. It’s one of the cleanest, clearest tube mics you would ever hope to work with. It was used for the clean guitar cabinet on the videos on our website. The LRM is a special mic. It’s affordable and it’s cool. Watch for our other offerings later this year. And again, thank you for bringing this item to our attention, and please contact me personally tommy@weirdaudio.com to more fully address any further concerns.