TapeOpCon DVD/web video

archival forum of past Tape Op Conferences

Moderator: TapeOpCraig

weatherbox
re-cappin' neve

TapeOpCon DVD/web video

Post by weatherbox » Thu May 04, 2006 7:28 am

It breaks my heart that I can't go. I'd been planning around it for months, and then in one swipe, the chance gets negated. But it got me thinking, there should really be some sort of video made for people who went and want to be able to go over things again, and for those of us who couldn't make it.

I KNOW a lot of people going must have digital video cameras. It'd be awesome to have people arrange to record workshops, getting up close to show how things are being done... and obviously you guys can do the sound all nice. It could be compiled into a workshop DVD or made downloadable by workshop... it'd really be excellent and totally worth doing. Anyone else interested in this? I think it's pretty easily done, just needs to be arranged so that there's a camera at workshops. I'm happy to help coordinate, if people would be into it. I'm no expert video editor, but I could probably work the compilation as well with my basic skills (and access to friends who know what they're doing.)

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Thu May 04, 2006 8:23 am

There are a lot of great panels from the 2002 Conference on the website. Perhaps they'll be doing this for other conferences.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC