Mix Moments Panel

archival forum of past Tape Op Conferences

Moderator: TapeOpCraig

cgarges
zen recordist

Mix Moments Panel

Post by cgarges » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:42 pm

Since I had a ton of people ask me this (and I'm getting emails about it), I thought I'd post a link to the website of the artist who's song I played at the "My Favorite Mix Moments" panel.

Sunshone Still
www.sunshonestill.com

The song was called "Damn You, California" and is on Dead Letters.

He was nice enough to give me permission to play it and tell the story and I hope anyone who's interested will check him out. He's a great performer and a great guy.

I had a real blast on that panel and I thought Craig did an excellent job moderating. It was an interesting direction to take and I thought it went off nicely.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

Spy Boy
audio school graduate

Mix moment panel at TapeOpCon

Post by Spy Boy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:32 pm

Thanks for posting that Chris. That panel was terrific with just great story telling by all. I went on CD Baby and ordered my copy of "Dead Letters" and am now looking for that Doc Pomus tribute CD that Sean Slade told about. I also eagerly await the release of the James Morrison CD (Michael Brauer). I already have the Neko and Calexico CDs, or they would definitely be on my shopping list, too.

My Favorite Mix Moments was a great topic. I loved the combination of story telling and then listening. I hope it's back as a panel next year, too. Thanks, Craig and all of the panelists.