how much can i get for my Access Virus B thingy?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

creature.of.habit
buyin' a studio

how much can i get for my Access Virus B thingy?

Post by creature.of.habit » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:06 pm

:shock:

well i don't know a first thing about synths, i'm eyeing a roland juno 60 as my first one. Anyway, someone offered me a trade, between my very cheap allen&heath 1221, for a mint virus B..

i know these are worth quite a good amount, so in principle i consider the trade pretty much done. But i wanted to place it more or less, to know what to ask for it. I know some fellas here really know their synths (inverseroom where are you :wink:) so any help is much apreciated. I really don't want to sell this for a lot less than what it's worth.

thanks!

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:54 pm

heh heh, I dunno man, I don't have one of those. But prepal has it at $976 and dropping, with a pretty good sample of auctions.

blakbeltjonez
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by blakbeltjonez » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:28 pm

you can find the virus b tabletop models (no keyboard) anywhere from $450-600 here in the U.S.

creature.of.habit
buyin' a studio

Post by creature.of.habit » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:04 am

guys thanks.

i searched ebay and some finnally came up...they're about around 500-600 euros..not as much as i expected, but still good money i guess.

many thanks!

space_ryerson
steve albini likes it

Post by space_ryerson » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:06 pm

I was in a similar situation last year. I was trying to get a Juno-106, and actually ended up getting a virus kb ($850). The Juno is a great synth, but I love my virus. Most people get turned off when they hear the trance-y cheezy presets, but once you start turning the knobs, you realize it's actually a pretty flexible synth.

creature.of.habit
buyin' a studio

Post by creature.of.habit » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:22 pm

i believe you...and i'm kind of sad to let it go without even trying it out (england voltage plug)...but to the extent that idd be using synths in my music (maybe a couple of songs out of a lot), might as well have something cool, and idiot proof, that doesnt need a separate keyboard..i really can't justify this synth, but you're right of course. plus i can get lots of stuff i really need with that money. maybe one day :wink:

space_ryerson
steve albini likes it

Post by space_ryerson » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:59 pm

I hear ya. I should mention that mine is the kb, and not the b; so it has the keyboard attached. It feels more like an instrument than a module to me.