Hammond/Leslie gurus look here>

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

b3groover
deaf.

Post by b3groover » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:25 pm

That's what I want to know. The only difference between a 45 and a 145 is that the 145 has the fast/slow speeds and the 45 has only fast/stop. Physically they are identical. So how would you know which this is without seeing the back?

brandonpost
audio school graduate

Post by brandonpost » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:13 pm

I based my guess on the ask price coupled with the fact that the link provided referred to it as a 'cabinet' and not a 'combo' or 'amp'. It is clearly a guess. I knew that the Model 45's came both with or without an amp. I figured they would advertise the fact that there was a tube amp in the 'cabinet' if there was one.

Just an educated guess and just trying to help. Obviously a phone call or visit to the dealer would be the move.

Sorry for seemingly upsetting you b3groover. :shock: I think I'll go play my BV now.

b3groover
deaf.

Post by b3groover » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:22 pm

You didn't upset me, I was just curious. I've never heard a Leslie called by anything other than "Leslie cabinet" or just plain "Leslie" either, but maybe it just depends on one's location.

To me, cabinet means the whole deal, Leslie amp means just the tube amp.

brandonpost
audio school graduate

Post by brandonpost » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:24 pm

Hopefully the originaly poster will let us all know how he made out and the mystery 452 actually was!

tomhampton
gettin' sounds

great source for information

Post by tomhampton » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:42 am

you've gotten some great feedback in this thread...i'm continually amazed by the collective knowledge of the folks on here.

where hammond/leslie stuff is concerned, i'm extremely fortunate to have one of the top shops in the country about an hour from me...if you stop by http://www.speakeasyvintagemusic.com and send an email to steve, he's the man. not only will he answer your questions, he'll tell you a few things you weren't counting on learning, too. he's one of those guys. and those guys are straight shooters, too - he'll tell you whether or not what you're looking at is worth the cash you're planning to spend.

and if you're ever in southeastern PA, stop by his shop and prepare to physcially hold your chin up off your chest.

T
http://www.tomhampton.com

guitar, lap and pedal steel, mandolin, dobro, banjo, other various oddities and harmony slut