Coldplay
3%
Yo La Tengo
8%

Total votes: 76

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:13 am

if you're talking about vaseline on toast, that brings to mind the flaming lips and steven drozd, who just happens to be one of the greatest living rock drummers.

SaneMan
takin' a dinner break

Post by SaneMan » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:13 am

subatomic pieces wrote: I've heard that SY and the Flaming Lips are touring together this summer.
Actually SY is touring with Pearl Jam this summer. Pretty lame if you ask me. Flaming Lips would be more appropriate, but I'd preffer to see em headlining with some crazy no name band. Last time I saw them they had Wolf Eyes open for them. Way more appropriate than opening for Pearl Jam, in my opinion.

Unless they're also touring with Flaming Lips at some point? But I'm certain they're doing the Pearl Jam thing
Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. - Carl Jung

JASIII
george martin

Post by JASIII » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:34 am

Jeff??? Is that you Jeff??? Walk towards the light.....walk towards the light...
"If you will starve unless you become a rock star, then you have bigger problems than whether or not you are a rock star. " - Steve Albini

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:54 am

yeah.. I think they're doing the Pearl Jam and Flaming Lips tours this summer.

and, for as boring as most of Pearl Jam's music is, they're a great live band and a band with tons of integrity. I'd tour with them.

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:51 pm

subatomic pieces wrote:yeah.. I think they're doing the Pearl Jam and Flaming Lips tours this summer.

and, for as boring as most of Pearl Jam's music is, they're a great live band and a band with tons of integrity. I'd tour with them.
Peal Jam are really talented..not my thing but I can definitely respect what they do musically..and who they are..the brought out Sleater-Kinney last year i think..which is really cool of them..you know getting them exposed to a wider audience and such..

Brian Brock
buyin' a studio

Post by Brian Brock » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:49 pm

I can't believe Sonic Youth is getting trashed in the poll. Especially when so many posts are about them. Come on, ye fans of Radiohead, get something going about them! What about their tour? Aren't they like opening for Coldplay or something? Oh yeah, whoever voted for Coldplay is getting their ass kicked, unless it was Michael Brauer.

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:13 pm

Brian Brock wrote:I can't believe Sonic Youth is getting trashed in the poll.
a generation gap?

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:54 am

subatomic pieces wrote:
a generation gap?
Radiohead are just so much more goodlooking than those mutants that make up Sonic Youth..Their music and cover art are way more palatable to the lowest common denominator escapist wool covered eyes mo-rons as far as I've been able to tell..

greatmagnet
buyin' a studio

Post by greatmagnet » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:27 am

beard_of_bees wrote:Radiohead are just so much more goodlooking than those mutants that make up Sonic Youth..Their music and cover art are way more palatable to the lowest common denominator escapist wool covered eyes mo-rons as far as I've been able to tell..
Are we talking about the same Radiohead?

Must be sarcasm masked by the lack of vocal inflections that typing creates.
"All energy flows in accordance with the whims of the great Magnet"
?Raoul Duke
www.greatmagnetrecording.com

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:27 am

beard_of_bees wrote:
subatomic pieces wrote:
a generation gap?
Radiohead are just so much more goodlooking than those mutants that make up Sonic Youth..Their music and cover art are way more palatable to the lowest common denominator escapist wool covered eyes mo-rons as far as I've been able to tell..
I don't care how old they get, Kim Gordan is still sexy as hell playing that bass.

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:26 am

Caldo71 wrote:
beard_of_bees wrote:Radiohead are just so much more goodlooking than those mutants that make up Sonic Youth..Their music and cover art are way more palatable to the lowest common denominator escapist wool covered eyes mo-rons as far as I've been able to tell..
Are we talking about the same Radiohead?

Must be sarcasm masked by the lack of vocal inflections that typing creates.
No I really do hate geighdiohead and all their phony phans..every single one of you that cast your vote that way is a big jerkface..and I'm totally biting my thumb at thee whilst playing air guitar to the SY self titled double EP..

greatmagnet
buyin' a studio

Post by greatmagnet » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:29 am

okay.
"All energy flows in accordance with the whims of the great Magnet"
?Raoul Duke
www.greatmagnetrecording.com

SaneMan
takin' a dinner break

Post by SaneMan » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:11 pm

subatomic pieces wrote:yeah.. I think they're doing the Pearl Jam and Flaming Lips tours this summer.

Oh, it's all three of them together? Cool.

Anyway, I'm not knocking Pearl Jam, I've seen them live and it was nothing short of amazing. I just don't think Sonic Youth should be opening for them. I mean, after all this time are SY trying to become mainstream or something? A lot of the reason I respect them so much is that they've always been true to what they are. For instance, I saw them at a 300 person capacity venue last year and it was they greatest thing ever. Everyone there was there because they loved SY. Now they're gonna be playing stadiums and shit, playing to crowds of people who probably don't know who they are and won't like them, opening for a band thats been around half as long and not really even in the same realm of music. I guess I just preffer seeing them in small venues with no name noise bands is all.
Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. - Carl Jung

strangefruit
ass engineer

Post by strangefruit » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:01 pm

Is it real? SY opens for Pearl Jam??? That sucks. I hate Pearl Jam.

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:58 pm

no. they're not all 3 touring together. it's two seperate tours, with sonic youth the common denominator.