NAMM predictions anyone? (Or good old inside information?)

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

???????
resurrected

Post by ??????? » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:31 pm

but more likely it will be like anything else, and the new ones will be slagged by most people as inferior to the originals. And they will probably be right. :D And additional interest in the originals will be revived and they will get more expensive, not less.

At least that's what happened with Fender reissue guitars and amplifiers and Gibson's "Historic" series. :D

Huntlabs
pushin' record

Post by Huntlabs » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:43 pm

I think Digi will have a 002R pro at the least, or a 003. Waiting to see.
"Add water, makes its own sauce"

www.CRACKERTONES.com

;ivlunsdystf
ghost haunting audio students
Location: The Great Frontier of the Southern Anoka Sand Plain

Post by ;ivlunsdystf » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:07 pm

brad347 wrote:but more likely it will be like anything else, and the new ones will be slagged by most people as inferior to the originals. And they will probably be right. :D And additional interest in the originals will be revived and they will get more expensive, not less.

At least that's what happened with Fender reissue guitars and amplifiers and Gibson's "Historic" series. :D
Right.

Although old pianos are often free or almost free nowadays, and plenty of jazzers and others seem pretty happy with their Roland and Yamaha MIDI pianos.

I blame the current high prices for vintage gear on the baby boomers. When they start liquidating their holdings the markets ought to cool down a bit (say, over the next fifteen years). The same goes, in my opinion, for the current high prices of equities and vacation/2nd homes.

alex matson
re-cappin' neve

Post by alex matson » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:20 pm

Just today an auction ended on ebay for a wurly. In the last fifteen minutes, the price went from 800 to $1500. (!) Maybe they'll reissue those...

Spiderhead69
steve albini likes it
Location: The Ice cream truck in my neighborhood plays Helter-Skelter

Post by Spiderhead69 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:37 pm

I'm betting the word WARM and VINTAGE will be used a lot.

;ivlunsdystf
ghost haunting audio students
Location: The Great Frontier of the Southern Anoka Sand Plain

Post by ;ivlunsdystf » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:41 am

alex matson wrote:Just today an auction ended on ebay for a wurly. In the last fifteen minutes, the price went from 800 to $1500. (!) Maybe they'll reissue those...
Damned baby boomers. "When I was young, my life was so magical ... " -Supertramp

Trying to relive their glory days by buying the keyboard that made the sound in their favorite Supertramp song which was even then about an earlier set of glory days

Spark
suffering 'studio suck'

Re: NAMM predictions anyone? (Or good old inside informatio

Post by Spark » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:23 am

Tatertot wrote:I predict, weakly, an all-in-one box that does everything for under $999. Whatever that means. Anybody out there have any USEFUL forecasts?
What?!? Tascam is really going to release the X48! It cant be!

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:41 am

alex matson wrote:Just today an auction ended on ebay for a wurly. In the last fifteen minutes, the price went from 800 to $1500. (!) Maybe they'll reissue those...
Whaaaa?!!!? That's a lot of goddam money!

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:05 pm

joel hamilton wrote:I bet someone will make a summing box, that sits on the floor, with legs.... and has EQ, and a mic pre..... and faders!!! It will be called: a console.
Many other summing box companies will have to do at least 23 minutes of looking at recordingconsoles.net before they catch up to this new genius device....
That's too funny.

On a serious note, Tonelux is suppoed to have their new modular compressor available so Paul can start getting suggestions for his outboard version, which will follow.

Paiste is also going to have some b20 cymbals available. They're not re-releasing the 602s, but making a totally new line.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

kojdogg
buyin' gear

Post by kojdogg » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:14 pm

80 new products from Behringer! :twisted: :evil:
________
Yamaha wave blaster specifications
Last edited by kojdogg on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

GooberNumber9
tinnitus

Post by GooberNumber9 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:17 pm

Huntlabs wrote:I think Digi will have a 002R pro at the least, or a 003. Waiting to see.
There's definitely buzz out there about something like that from Digidesign.

Also, all (I think) Guitar Centers are blowing out their Digi 002 Factory Bundles (the console only, not the rack) for only $1500. That's $700 less than their normal asking price of $2200, so that's like 33% off the street price. It's also $50 less than the Rack factory bundle. A guy at GC in Fairfax VA told me that they are going to stop carrying them because they never sell any ("Haven't sold one in seven months").

That could be the story, or they could be discontinuing it in favor of a replacement. I guess we find out in ten days.

Todd Wilcox