FYI Tracktion 3 "Now shipping"

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

chovie d
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by chovie d » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:24 pm

I have T3 up and running for a couple weeks now. Love the new features, but it still doesnt seem entirely stable to me (at least not like Tracktion 2 was). Ive had a few crashes for no apparent reason and some other weird behavior :? windows pc xp sp2.
me make purty musick!

FNM
takin' a dinner break

Post by FNM » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:14 am

Ryan Silva wrote:I dont want to hear about Damn MACKIE!!! spending time on anything but fixing f400 drivers, thoose bastartds. I have been waiting for a year for drivers to link two f400 together, all they have are beta drivers that make everything worse. Ok i'm done, wait... I hate you Mackie!!!... ok now I'm done.
Just wait until you get another 400f and realize that they both run off separate DSP mixers and that you can't monitor the inputs of the second one through the first.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

I'm gonna wait on T3 for quite a bit until it's been updated a few more times.

comfortstarr
re-cappin' neve

Post by comfortstarr » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:47 am

Any recent experience with this? We're looking for a cheapo DAW to use on a mac. Tried Ardour (my head hurts), tried the beta of Reaper (had some issues).

Thanks

segaface
steve albini likes it

Post by segaface » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:01 am

comfortstarr wrote:Any recent experience with this? We're looking for a cheapo DAW to use on a mac. Tried Ardour (my head hurts), tried the beta of Reaper (had some issues).

Thanks
I think over on the Tacktion KVR Forum people are still reporting problems on the Mac side, FWIW.

I don't have any T3 experience on a Mac, but T2 has been rock solid on my PC for years.

Andy
fossiltooth wrote: That's like saying you hate Fenders because of Yngwie Malmsteen.
My musics.

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:04 am

Yeah, the last update solved most of the problems on the PC, but the Mac version may still be a little unstable. On PC, it's running like a dream for me.