Korg Electribe used as preamp?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Illuminalto
audio school

Korg Electribe used as preamp?

Post by Illuminalto » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:16 am

so my setup right now consists of a 8 track mixer with built in tube preamps along with a korg electribe synth - the electribe is equipped with a multi effects unit which includes a dulled down compressor with two settings (sensitivity and attack). the korg also features two preamp tubes with adjustable gain and various types of line settings.

how viable is this electribe for use as a compressor vs a stand alone hardware compressor?

can a standard mic along with this tube compression stand up somewhat to a condenser mic?

if you don't want to take the time to explain it, could you at least point me in the right direction? what technology am I missing out on by using this scaled down rig?
Yay for today!

syrupcore
deaf.

Post by syrupcore » Thu May 01, 2008 11:32 am

Unless some one has an electribe, your mic and your voice, I don't think you're going to get an answer worth hearing. The only way to really know is to plug it in and record. If it makes you happy then it's working. If it wont do something you're hoping to hear, then you might start to investigate other options.

Will