Monster pwn'd: Finally they lose a lawsuit!

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:45 am

AstroDan wrote:
ubertar wrote:I wonder how their suit against PBS over Sesame Street's "Cookie Monster" character is going...
You mean the 'Hosa Monster'.
you're confusing that with 'Hosa Beast'.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:33 pm

courtney love?

AstroDan
george martin

Post by AstroDan » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:49 pm

"The RedCo Mash! (it was a graveyard smash...)"

Okay, I'm done.
"I have always tried to present myself as the type of person who enjoys watching dudes fight other dudes with iron claws."

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:41 pm

MoreSpaceEcho wrote:
RefD wrote:
AstroDan wrote:
ubertar wrote:I wonder how their suit against PBS over Sesame Street's "Cookie Monster" character is going...
You mean the 'Hosa Monster'.
you're confusing that with 'Hosa Beast'.
courtney love?
BINGO
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

Holy Wolf
gettin' sounds

Post by Holy Wolf » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:59 am

YEEEEES!! FUCK THAT COMPANY!!

I despise them and I also despise there cables. They fucking blow!! The only good thing about monster is you only need to buy them once and there are warrantied for life no matter what. In highschool I would fuck so many of there cables up on stage I would just take them back all mangled without receipt and they would just replace them at any store that carried them. It was awesome. Do they still do that? Now that I am older and care more about tone and such though, I do not care what they offer, I will not buy that shit!! I like george L's just fine!!

blackdiscoball
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by blackdiscoball » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:32 am

Now this is the point in a good natured thread where someone gets on and bravely defends Monster for being the best, everything else sucking, and anyone who thinks differently is amateur and uses all behringer gear!
myspace.com/blackdiscoballstudio/

blackdiscoball
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by blackdiscoball » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:51 am

Really? No takers? Ok, to keep everything right with the cosmos I will do it. I only have a single monster cable which was a christmas gift but Ill pick up the slack...(stretching out)... Ok, here it goes....
"I cant believe you guys would talk trash about monster cables, your a bunch of poop heads! They are the only cable I will ever use! If you cant hear the difference you shouldn't be in this business. You probable use a behringer Euro desk and all mxl mics. Unless you have a SSL console, neve pres, Neumann mics, 2 inch tape machine, espresso machine, Platinum records on your wall, and a personal connection with BONO your not a real "audio engineer" anyways and cant here the difference if it was right in front of your nose!"

phew, how was that? Should I have typed it in all caps lock or would that have been over kill?

;ivlunsdystf
ghost haunting audio students
Location: The Great Frontier of the Southern Anoka Sand Plain

Post by ;ivlunsdystf » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:49 am

blackdiscoball wrote:Really? No takers? Ok, to keep everything right with the cosmos I will do it. I only have a single monster cable which was a christmas gift but Ill pick up the slack...(stretching out)... Ok, here it goes....
"I cant believe you guys would talk trash about monster cables, your a bunch of poop heads! They are the only cable I will ever use! If you cant hear the difference you shouldn't be in this business. You probable use a behringer Euro desk and all mxl mics. Unless you have a SSL console, neve pres, Neumann mics, 2 inch tape machine, espresso machine, Platinum records on your wall, and a personal connection with BONO your not a real "audio engineer" anyways and cant here the difference if it was right in front of your nose!"

phew, how was that? Should I have typed it in all caps lock or would that have been over kill?
That's good. Now: I am confused. Do you mean "monster.com" the online employment clearinghouse, or do you mean "Monster" the energy drink, or do you mean the Monster Salt Lick? Or are you talking about Monster Garage? The array of products this company manages to take credit for is quite bewildering.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:25 pm

Holy Wolf wrote:YEEEEES!! FUCK THAT COMPANY!!

I despise them and I also despise there cables. They fucking blow!! The only good thing about monster is you only need to buy them once and there are warrantied for life no matter what. In highschool I would fuck so many of there cables up on stage I would just take them back all mangled without receipt and they would just replace them at any store that carried them. It was awesome. Do they still do that? Now that I am older and care more about tone and such though, I do not care what they offer, I will not buy that shit!! I like george L's just fine!!
its good that they still do that, cause after a few years of using their shit, the slightly LARGER 1/4 jack will affect your input jack on your guitar, making regular 1/4 instrument cables buzz and not make good contacts.. happened to two people i play with. they ended up switching out their inputs and never using monster again..

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:31 pm

yep. i've heard the same from a couple different people.

;ivlunsdystf
ghost haunting audio students
Location: The Great Frontier of the Southern Anoka Sand Plain

Post by ;ivlunsdystf » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:34 pm

trodden wrote:

its good that they still do that, cause after a few years of using their shit, the slightly LARGER 1/4 jack will affect your input jack on your guitar, making regular 1/4 instrument cables buzz and not make good contacts.. happened to two people i play with. they ended up switching out their inputs and never using monster again..
I've noted that with the Planet Waves cables too. The effect is like MSG on food: It's GReAT to have a cable that stays in and the sound doesn't cut out, just like it's GRRREAT to have the ultra-vivid taste experience with MSG, but there's hell to pay later on ...

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:30 pm

blackdiscoball wrote:Now this is the point in a good natured thread where someone gets on and bravely defends Monster for being the best, everything else sucking, and anyone who thinks differently is amateur and refuses to recap all their behringer gear!
FYP

Holy Wolf
gettin' sounds

Post by Holy Wolf » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:27 am

blackdiscoball wrote:Now this is the point in a good natured thread where someone gets on and bravely defends Monster for being the best, everything else sucking, and anyone who thinks differently is amateur and uses all behringer gear!

I don't think that is possible. What possibly could be good about them besides the take a product back anywhere no matter what and exchange for free. I do not know if they still do that, but like it was said, the inputs fuck up the jacks so whats the point. Take back a shitty product to get a new shitty product.

blackdiscoball
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by blackdiscoball » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:40 am

Still, no matter how bad the gear is someone out there is using it and loving it... and ready to flame someone else for not agreeing with them.

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by ubertar » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:53 am

trodden wrote:

I had a similar experience with your mom. :wink: