Pretty lame.

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

dynomike
carpal tunnel

Post by dynomike » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:48 pm

MoreSpaceEcho wrote:the phrase "take your project to the next level" should be banned from any studio/engineer's website.
not to mention "but wait! there's more!"
Making Efforts and Forging Ahead Courageously! Keeping Honest and Making Innovations Perpetually!

Gummy
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Gummy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:39 pm

I read you FAQ a couple of weeks ago and decided that when I redo my site I am totally ripping you off, sorry. I can't imagine putting together a better one, so I wont. Can I just do a "What he said" and then link to you site? Kidding, kind of, but you FAQ is the best I have read.
It may be a garage, but it doesn't sound like one.

wedge
tinnitus

Post by wedge » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:17 pm

I think the best thing to do is spread the word on the street that they don't have the brains, vision, or respect for their clients to write their own freaking faq. Talk about bad word of mouth... Who wants to do business with out-and-out liars?!?

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:25 pm

wedge wrote:Who wants to do business with out-and-out liars?!?
*doesn't post anything about the US government*
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

rwc
resurrected

Post by rwc » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:10 pm

they lied too

notice nirvana bleack

$600 on your site

$1600 on theirs
Real friends stab you in the front.

Oscar Wilde

Failed audio engineer & pro studio tech turned Component level motherboard repair store in New York

RedCrownStudios
pushin' record

Post by RedCrownStudios » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:55 pm

Ya, they are pretty lame for stealing all of that.

I mostly just want to reply again because i am on the couch with my wife reading this and busted out laughing at the " I took your mom to the next level" comment.

She was like "what did i miss?"

I could just laugh.
Marshall Baker
Media Designer
Tulsa, Ok
www.MarshallBaker.com
www.MarshallandRoxy.com

Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:54 am

Thanks again, all for the encouragement, and kind words (thanks, Gummy - glad you thought it was good - I just wrote what I tell people when they ask. :) )
he took a duck in the face at two and hundred fifty knots.

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.

Angie
gettin' sounds

Post by Angie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:28 am

It would appear by the address that they have taken over the old studio run by Rich Sanders of Salt Productions. The rotating control room is original. It rotated to face each iso/tracking room window. Very unique. I don't know the total history on the studio, but I don't believe Rich was the first owner. Very nice studio. But it always struck me that the lounge and reception areas always seemed bigger than the studio itself.

It is a little embarrassing that these guys would plagiarize someones FAQ page. :oops:

@?,*???&?
on a wing and a prayer

Post by @?,*???&? » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:01 am

dynomike wrote:
MoreSpaceEcho wrote:the phrase "take your project to the next level" should be banned from any studio/engineer's website.
Except when its the case that a project will get non-commercial/college radio promotion help, distribution help as well as booking help.

The process goes beyond record making. At this point, that's what is too common. 37,000 legitimate releases will come out this year. Easily eight times that many 'illegitimate' releases. About 1% or less of those projects will get any management help.

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:05 am

@?,*???&? wrote:
dynomike wrote:
Except when its the case that a project will get non-commercial/college radio promotion help, distribution help as well as booking help.

The process goes beyond record making. At this point, that's what is too common. 37,000 legitimate releases will come out this year. Easily eight times that many 'illegitimate' releases. About 1% or less of those projects will get any management help.
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

GooberNumber9
tinnitus

Post by GooberNumber9 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:12 am

@?,*???&? wrote:Easily eight times that many 'illegitimate' releases.
Damnit. I knew I should have gotten the bass player and guitar player to get married before we did that last project. Now we have all these bastard CDs all over the place.

Now in my band that won't be a problem, since I AM going to marry the bass player. And no, I'm not slapping barcodes on our kids.

Jay Reynolds
carpal tunnel

Post by Jay Reynolds » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:17 am

GooberNumber9 wrote:
@?,*???&? wrote:Easily eight times that many 'illegitimate' releases.
Damnit. I knew I should have gotten the bass player and guitar player to get married before we did that last project. Now we have all these bastard CDs all over the place.

Now in my band that won't be a problem, since I AM going to marry the bass player. And no, I'm not slapping barcodes on our kids.
That is why its so important to support the artist's right to choose. Even if you don't agree with the idea of musical abortion, it is, in many cases the only viable solution to the above described problem.
Either that or "pull a Scott Petersen".
Prog out with your cog out.

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:22 am

jeff if i booked time at third monk would you take my project to the next level?

DrummerMan
george martin

Post by DrummerMan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:34 pm

Here we go...

I wonder if there's a math equation that dictates exactly how long it takes the average TOMB thread to come to this... :roll:
Geoff Mann
composer | drummer | Los Angeles, CA

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:08 pm

@?,*???&? wrote:
dynomike wrote:

But if the help and extra services the studio is offering are worth more than a plugged nickel, I'd expect they could come up with some way to express it on their website that wasn't a tired clich? from a Ron Popeil ad.
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/