RealTraps Group Buy Program

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

JWL
deaf.

RealTraps Group Buy Program

Post by JWL » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi all, I hope this doesn't count as spam, but I know that the TOMB community has done several group buys in the past, I thought people might be interested.

RealTraps has announced a new Group Buy program that offers overseas and domestic customers big savings on both products and shipping by coordinating purchases to buy in bulk. When buying in large quantities, boat shipping to Europe and elsewhere becomes practical. The savings can be substantial, with MiniTraps costing as little as $184 each including shipping to Europe.

Here's how the program works - you get together with friends and colleagues to determine how many traps you all need, and we will get you the lowest possible shipping price. The more traps you buy, the lower the shipping cost and the larger the discount. Our bulk discount is 10 percent off for 18 traps or more of any model. For 36 traps or more the discount is 15 percent, and 54 traps or more is 20 percent off.

Full details including estimated shipping charges are on the RealTraps Group Buy page.

Veej007
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by Veej007 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:54 pm

I might be up for this if anyone else in the NYC area is interested. Drop me a PM.

djimbe
tinnitus

Post by djimbe » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:51 am

three cheers for Ethan and his crew for attempting such a thing!

One of the best "gear" purchases I've gotten was a load of RealTraps foor the control room...
I thought this club was for musicians. Who let the drummer in here??

Sean Sullivan
moves faders with mind

Post by Sean Sullivan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:03 am

Does this apply to diffusers as well? Do they have to be shipped to the same location? Because, if the whole board can get together, buy 54 diffusers, I'd be happy to pay $400 for a pair 8)
Still waiting for a Luna reunion

JWL
deaf.

Post by JWL » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:49 am

Heh, yes it applies to all our products, but it's a percentage discount. Diffusors also ship one per box, so you won't be able to fit as many of them on a pallet.

Diffusors are expensive because they are very labor-intensive to build, they are our most expensive panel.

Anyone interested in this can contact me for details, just use my TOMB username AT realtraps.com.

Sean Sullivan
moves faders with mind

Post by Sean Sullivan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:06 am

Gotcha, your product sounds nice through, as it works as an absorber as well.
Still waiting for a Luna reunion

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:44 am

djimbe wrote:three cheers for Ethan and his crew for attempting such a thing!

One of the best "gear" purchases I've gotten was a load of RealTraps foor the control room...
+1
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/