I think i just got a GREAT deal mackie 1604 vlz pro!

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

calaverasgrandes
ghost haunting audio students

oh fishy fishy fish...

Post by calaverasgrandes » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:00 pm

weird Eq points on that A&H, but I kind of like those particular frequencies.
You'll have to use the inserts for direct outs. Or just wire them to a patch bay like I did when I had a Soundcraft for my mixer. External power supply is a plus over a mackie. It should at least theoretically give you a better noise floor. It has less auxes than the mackie, but thats a good thing, I mean if you have more than one reverb going on than you are fucking up (but thats just me) . But more importantly its British so you can talk in Monty Python voices when you are engineering and wear silly clothes and shit.
??????? wrote: "everything sounds best right before it blows up."

Judas Jetski
carpal tunnel

Re: oh fishy fishy fish...

Post by Judas Jetski » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:19 am

calaverasgrandes wrote: But more importantly its British so you can talk in Monty Python voices when you are engineering and wear silly clothes and shit.
You know, I never thought about that particular angle on buying gear... maybe I should have.
New Judas Jetski EP up! andysmash.bandcamp.com

www.andysmash.com

;ivlunsdystf
ghost haunting audio students
Location: The Great Frontier of the Southern Anoka Sand Plain

Post by ;ivlunsdystf » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:00 am

Judas Jetski wrote:
calaverasgrandes wrote: But more importantly its British so you can talk in Monty Python voices when you are engineering and wear silly clothes and shit.
You know, I never thought about that particular angle on buying gear... maybe I should have.
That's EXACTLY why I want a Behringer interface. I want to dress up like a german tourist in tight black jeans, bright red tight shirt, that type of thing.

DrummerMan
george martin

Post by DrummerMan » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:21 am

ysyrtypy wrote:
Judas Jetski wrote:
That's EXACTLY why I want a Behringer interface. I want to dress up like a german tourist in tight black jeans, bright red tight shirt, that type of thing.
I would imagine that founding the company would entitle you to at least a FEW freebies, no?

:D
Geoff Mann
composer | drummer | Los Angeles, CA

tyler477
pluggin' in mics

Post by tyler477 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:55 am

calaverasgrandes wrote:weird Eq points on that A&H, but I kind of like those particular frequencies.
You'll have to use the inserts for direct outs. Or just wire them to a patch bay like I did when I had a Soundcraft for my mixer. External power supply is a plus over a mackie. It should at least theoretically give you a better noise floor. It has less auxes than the mackie, but thats a good thing, I mean if you have more than one reverb going on than you are fucking up (but thats just me) . But more importantly its British so you can talk in Monty Python voices when you are engineering and wear silly clothes and shit.
Yeah, i'm thinking it will be good solution for the pres, it's worth the upgrade i'm thinking. shit for 250 bucks i cant really go wrong. As for the busses, i can just use the hardware outs from reaper to make my own busses on the channels. busses are kind of a waste when you are working in the box. agreed.