Was the true identity of Bitch Slap ever revealed?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Rabbit
ass engineer

Post by Rabbit » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Whether it's fact, fiction or a mix of the two, I think it's a great read. I'm not sure how many times I've read it but each time I've laughed my ass off.

psinglet
takin' a dinner break

Post by psinglet » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:03 am

"All this work to find out the identity of a fictional character."

What work? Took less than two minutes using whois and google. It took longer to make the post. Someone asked who it might be and I looked. End of story. I enjoyed the read, but don't particulalrly care who the mysterious Mixerman might be.

RoyMatthews
re-cappin' neve

Post by RoyMatthews » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:50 pm

psinglet wrote:"All this work to find out the identity of a fictional character."

What work? Took less than two minutes using whois and google. It took longer to make the post. Someone asked who it might be and I looked. End of story. I enjoyed the read, but don't particulalrly care who the mysterious Mixerman might be.
No, no. I'm sorry. I knew it would seem directed at you. I know what you did wasn't a lot of work. I was talking about everyone else who, when the original posts and then book came out, tried their best to figure out who 'mixerman' was. I found it annoying back then because it became obvious that the whole saga was fictional and therefore his identity was moot. He could be a big time engineer or my grandmother. I only know him as an author. Like Tom Clancey or Mary Higgens Clark. I enjoyed the book as a Mockumentary of recording life but take it with a grain of salt.

Again, I apologize. It wasn't directed at you.
"If there's one ironclad rule of pop history, it's this: The monkey types Hamlet only once."

mixerman
pluggin' in mics

Post by mixerman » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:25 am

RoyMatthews wrote:
psinglet wrote:"All this work to find out the identity of a fictional character."

No, no. I'm sorry. I knew it would seem directed at you. I know what you did wasn't a lot of work. I was talking about everyone else who, when the original posts and then book came out, tried their best to figure out who 'mixerman' was. I found it annoying back then because it became obvious that the whole saga was fictional and therefore his identity was moot. He could be a big time engineer or my grandmother. I only know him as an author. Like Tom Clancey or Mary Higgens Clark. I enjoyed the book as a Mockumentary of recording life but take it with a grain of salt.

Again, I apologize. It wasn't directed at you.
Now you get to find it annoying all over again!

This is great!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to crochet some socks and buy things sold late at night only on TV that don't actually work as advertised.

Enjoy,

Mixerman