Prog out with your cog out.

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:33 pm

mission: accomplished.

Theo_Karon
pushin' record

Post by Theo_Karon » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:51 pm

I've had a dream similar to MSE's (first one) several times. I'm in the live room of my basement studio, and then open the door on the side of the room that leads out to the giant stone and concrete hallway, which leads to the other enormous room with the bass traps and diffusors the previous owners left in there before we started renting the place. I wake up in a frenzy, thinking "why the hell don't we run a snake into that enormous, wonderfully treated room and use it as a tracking space, instead! It's right next door to the control room! We can even use that giant hallway as a chamber!" Crushing disappointment inevitably follows.

I also had this dream a while ago where there was a giant mixing bowl full of quarters in my refrigerator. I woke up the next morning, and on my way out to catch the bus realized that I didn't have enough change- "No problem!" I thought. "I'll just grab some quarters out of that giant bowl in the fridge!" I actually opened it up and poked around for a minute before realizing that of course there was no giant mixing bowl full of quarters in my refrigerator.
Everything is going to be OK.

https://www.theokaron.com/

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:38 am

Theo_Karon wrote:Crushing disappointment inevitably follows.
yeah. waking up totally sucks. the thing i find most interesting about this dream, besides that it recurs fairly regularly, is that the house i'm living in is a compilation of every place i've lived over the last 20 years. there's aspects of each place all mushed together in the dream. it's cool. and i walk down the stairs to the basement and there's all.....this.......space.......

lol at the bowl full of quarters.

rydberg
pushin' record

Post by rydberg » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:35 pm

I once had an awful nightmare in which I went to my studio, found the front door ajar....and EVERYTHING gone. No gear, no instruments, nothing. It was soul-crushing.

I renewed my insurance policy the next day.

signorMars
re-cappin' neve

Post by signorMars » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:21 pm

i think it's interesting how many of you also have the "finding incredible spaces inside your house" dream, since I have it all the time. I usually find it as I am moving out, in the dream.
---
ross ingram
[brainville]

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:55 pm

I almost had a production partner about 3-4 years ago. He briefly moved here from New Jersey (FUCK Jersey). A couple days after he left I had a very realistic dream that he didn't actually leave, but instead first took one trip back to the studio and keyed the heads on my tape decks and destroyed a bunch of shit. The guy is crazy so this is totally possible. I almost got out of bed at 4:30 and drove to the studio. The first thing the next day I changed the locks.

Gentleman Jim
buyin' a studio

Post by Gentleman Jim » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:18 pm

drumsound wrote:I almost had a production partner about 3-4 years ago. He briefly moved here from New Jersey (FUCK Jersey).
Hey... easy there, Tiger. I know some nice people from New Jersey. My wife, for instance. And my kids.

Osumosan
takin' a dinner break

Post by Osumosan » Sun May 15, 2011 7:39 pm

Me too!

I have a recurring dream that there's a hidden tunnel from my basement that opens up into something the size and "decor" (cement and earthen underground feel) of Martin Bisi's tracking room. Maybe I should start digging; he's only about 20 blocks away.