Mr. Bluesky -- Bluesky EXO2 vs. Mediadesk II

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

kingmetal
buyin' gear

Mr. Bluesky -- Bluesky EXO2 vs. Mediadesk II

Post by kingmetal » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:21 am

Hi Tape-oppers,

Anyone have any experience with Bluesky's EXO2 or Mediadesk II systems? I've recently moved to a small apartment and moved my studio facilities to a dedicated space, but I'm trying to maintain a minimalist home-rig in my tiny bedroom to get a little work done when I don't want to trek across the entire city. Started a new job this week that gives me a pretty insane discount of Bluesky stuff, and the small amount of time I spent on a first-generation Mediadesk 2.1 system has me sold (especially for this price!).

However, since these are light-duty monitors, I'm wondering if I could get away with getting the significantly cheaper EXO2s, which come with a handy monitor controller (I'm doing all my monitor controlling through my MOTU Traveler, which is a little awkward at times and makes defeating the mains to use headphones more of a "turn the powerstrip off" kind of affair. The only reviews I've read of the EXO2 are consumer rags like Macworld (they liked them).

The Mediadesk II system is well within my price-range, and either is a no-brainer purchase, so if anyone has heard both and just looooved the Mediadesk II, or just loves the Mediadesk in general I'd love to hear about it. Going to pull the trigger on this sometime next week.

Thanks all!
Little Ship Studios
--------------------
Little Ship is proud to announce Bill Wild's EP Phone Number