Latest Gear You've Un-Acquired....

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Re: Latest Gear You've Un-Acquired....

Post by kslight » Mon May 09, 2022 11:12 am

I sold my Alesis HD24xr on reverb…not really doing the remote sessions that I formerly did to justify owning it.

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Post by alexdingley » Mon May 09, 2022 11:22 am

Sold my Tascam DV-RA1000HD external stereo recorder / CD-burner. It was a great hi-res recorder that did everything up to 24/192Khz and even DSD.64 stereo formats. But I'm starting to think that maybe DSD audio isn't gonna become the predominant consumer audio format, after all :wink: ... so I ditched it and put that money into some other gear that helps feed my headphone system more elegantly.

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Post by digitaldrummer » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:31 am

Sold a large drum kit I had (Pearl Session Studio Select) and Pearl rack that I bought right before the pandemic start, used on a few prog rock projects, but then it was just sitting and taking up a lot of room in my studio, which I needed for other uses... I'm sad to see it go, but probably better off without it. And I have other "medium" size kits I can use for those types of projects if another comes along.
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:00 am

I finally parted with my RMI Electra Piano after working my self up to do so for a few years. I really, really loved that thing, especially through a big muff but space constraints meant it had been packed up for the last few years. Thankfully it's a simple enough sound that samples will do the same job.
The new owner was super excited about it and knew how special and rare it is so I feel good that it's found a new home.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:49 pm

Are all y'all in agreement that, besides the RIP threads, this is the most depressing current thread at TOMB? :(
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

digitaldrummer
cryogenically thawing

Post by digitaldrummer » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:35 am

it's not always depressing. Sometimes I'm more than ready to part with gear because it later allows me to post in the "Latest gear you've acquired" thread. :D
Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

markjazzbassist
tinnitus

Post by markjazzbassist » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:07 am

A.David.MacKinnon wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:00 am
I finally parted with my RMI Electra Piano after working my self up to do so for a few years. I really, really loved that thing, especially through a big muff but space constraints meant it had been packed up for the last few years. Thankfully it's a simple enough sound that samples will do the same job.
The new owner was super excited about it and knew how special and rare it is so I feel good that it's found a new home.
iconic and underrated keyboard man, love it on dr. john "right place wrong time" and others.

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:22 am

Once you know that sound you hear it on everything from the early to mid 70's. Alan Toussaint, Genesis, John Lennon, Deep Purple, Frank Zappa.....and on and on.

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Post by alexdingley » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:00 pm

Oh man! this is mildly embarrassing — I forgot that I actually OWN an RMI electrapiano. A neighbor gave it to me a few years ago, and though I don't have a sustain pedal for it, it's pretty cool. That said, it's huge... and it's sitting at my guitarists house in the back corner of our rehearsal space. I should really break that thing out in the future.

But I did recently sell a really excellent compressor. I recently rehomed my Elysia Xpressor stereo rack unit. That thing was so clean and nice. Just not really mixing outside the box anymore and don't have a big need for stereo comps in the tracking work I do (it's not the "smashy-smashy" kinda comp that I'd use on a parallel drum bus). But I got good money on Reverb... Once I ditch a few more things, I'm gonna move into a new smaller rig.

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Post by alexdingley » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:27 pm

And damn! Sold my Toft ATB-16 console w/ Jim Williams 16 Plug-in-Preamp modules — had it for 12yrs / got about half my investment back in the sale. Can't complain about that.

The Scum
moves faders with mind

Post by The Scum » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:57 pm

Sold my ol SM-10 headset mic to a gentleman who wanted to use it for his singing cowboy routine. He was concerned whether it would fit under his cowboy hat.
e all y'all in agreement that, besides the RIP threads, this is the most depressing current thread at TOMB?
Not at all in this case. I upgraded from the SM-10 to an AKG C520, then from that to a Crown CM311. The AKG is also for sale, and I won't miss it, either.
"What fer?"
"Cat fur, to make kitten britches."

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Post by alexdingley » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:56 pm

yeah... not that sad over here either. I'm moving up to a Metric-Halo rig and getting another Shelford Channel out of my sales, so I'm super-stoked about these sales.

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Post by alexdingley » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:29 am

And just boxed up a Dangerous Music 2bus LT

It’s heading to a saxophone player in Louisiana, to sum the outputs of his Apollo interface. One step closer to my new rig.

markjazzbassist
tinnitus

Post by markjazzbassist » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:10 pm

Organ, guitar, some preamps, some tape decks, some pedals. mass exodus in my studio here, just trying to simplify and have around stuff i use instead of having it "for that one thing in the future i hope". being more realistic with what i can and can't do and working within that instead of being overly confident i can pull over ripping guitar parts when i can't play guitar :lol:

the purge feels good, the clutter is gone, the less instruments is making me work harder to get sounds which is fun and creative

shedshrine
deaf.

Post by shedshrine » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:21 pm

markjazzbassist wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:10 pm
exodus in my studio here, just trying to simplify..purge feels good, the clutter is...less instruments..which is fun and creative
Same!
Korg M1. Battery was low. Replaced but of course on these you lose all the patch memory. Had long ago lost the card that would restore the factory patches. Tried many variations of sysex and midi tweaking to no avail. Ended up taking it to a tech who had an old pc running Windows Vista specifically for these situations. Back in business. M1 on consignment locally.

Pigtronix Keymaster. Just wasn’t using it, cool versatile pedal though.

KRK V4 pair to goodwill.

A couple Peavey guitars, one tele thing with piezo bridge, and one tele that had a great neck but was a boat anchor and I have other options.

Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+. Replaced with a Cioks DC7.