Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Scodiddly
genitals didn't survive the freeze

Re: Latest gear you've acquired.....

Post by Scodiddly » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:43 pm

digitaldrummer wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:09 pm
these are meant more for permanent installation in a Muzak system I think.
Well yeah, I'd imagine so. That's the whole Radio Design Labs thing, odd little problem solvers. Need a mic preamp to feed the bingo announcements into the organ speaker? They've got you covered! Need to mix a stereo thing down to one mono channel for the ceiling speakers? No problem! I don't imagine that any of it has the Special Sauce sound, but on the other hand they'll happily sit under a blanket of dust for thirty years of 24/7 usage.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:50 am

:^:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

T-rex
dead but not forgotten

Post by T-rex » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:36 pm

I picked up those Amazon SDC shock mounts mentioned earlier for my Oktavas. Really nice for the price.

I also got Kazrog's True Iron and True Dynamics. The 26W compressor is SOOO THICK sounding. Wow. They have a sale going on right now. I want to try their 242 and Synth warmer plugs but really trying to not buy anything for a bit.
[Asked whether his shades are prescription or just to look cool]
Guy: Well, I am the drummer.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:06 pm

T-rex wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:36 pm
I picked up those Amazon SDC shock mounts mentioned earlier for my Oktavas. Really nice for the price.

I also got Kazrog's True Iron and True Dynamics. The 26W compressor is SOOO THICK sounding. Wow. They have a sale going on right now. I want to try their 242 and Synth warmer plugs but really trying to not buy anything for a bit.
Yeah, those SDC shock mounts are great! I'm still surprised by how cheap they are!.

The True Iron has become one of my favorite new plugs.

Thanks for mentioning the sale! I've been wanting the 5150 guitar head they make.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:45 am

a Slick tele, my third - I love the sound and playability and look, but damn this one is heavy

a 50% steel guitar - cool with heavy distortion, I already had the requisite bar slide (on top, a bunch of other "slides" I use at lower right)

the Fox pedal Killface (bass) and Kingdom (guitar) dirt pedals, very flexible and sound great, stack well and are cool with boosts in front, the Killface is good on guitar, as well

Keeley Phat drive - a very flexible boost-to-dirt drive

the Fender Hammertone delay - this might be what I was looking for, surprisingly enuff on the "digital" setting - I fell into it for about a half hour last night

MXR Super Badass Fuzz - has a built-in Variac which is fun, kinda like a bias adjustment ...
Attachments
Steel, tele, pedals sm.jpg
Steel, tele, pedals sm.jpg (177.51 KiB) Viewed 189 times
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.