buying a imac G5 vs imac intel

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

fremitus
pushin' record

Post by fremitus » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:43 pm

agreed with the general gist of this post. as evidenced by the fact that the MacBook Pros are already faster than when they were introduced, we can see the leaning towards bigger, better, faster coming on very quickly. i had a pang in my heart and head when i sold an iMac g5 to one of my good friends just before xmas and then he calls me the day they announced the intel chips with a 'wtf!?!'. i'm happy to say and believe that he's on the right machine. the price drop on them makes them even better now. i was thinking about the new MacBook Pro for myself though. Because the G4's in the books are old and pokey compared to the G5. it's a real gain for a lot of work that i do, and adobe/macromedia are leading the charge to be compatibile, so i may take the leap and do it.

burn
pushin' record

Post by burn » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:46 am

tjcasey1 wrote:I just found out the iMac DOESN'T allow me spread out the desktop across two monitors; it will only mirror them.

Oh well, that's not why I bought it anyway....
There is a software called "screen span doctor" that you can download from the web, it allow you to spread the desktop, I don't have it yet but the reviews are good