tracktion help

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:14 pm

Electricide wrote:Are you using v.1 or v.2?

bradfromtampa
gettin' sounds

Post by bradfromtampa » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:27 am

sorry, tried to post that after you asked, it wouldn't let me...

anyways, v2

chovie d
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by chovie d » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:18 am

that track must be being muted or routed to a different output device or have some kind of volume automation or mute or something...man I am racking my brain on this one...its gonna be something simple

Its still hard ti understand whats going on...so weird.

are you sure you arent just posting this as a logic puzzle? :shock:
me make purty musick!

bradfromtampa
gettin' sounds

Post by bradfromtampa » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:21 am

totally agree, it's got to be something so simple, but it is just driving me nuts... no matter what i set the input to do, erase old files, or overlay, it does the same exact thing.

chovie d
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by chovie d » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:10 am

the old wave doesnt disappear tho right? you can still see it, just not hear it, is that correct?

Is it possible it is only playing the section of the track between the markers for some reason?
Have you tried resetting the markers after the punch is done. You really shouldnt have to do that but maybe there is a setting somehwere that causes it to only play the marked section of the track??
:?

I have experienced some buggy things during my breif tenure with tracktion. Things like tracks not playing until I move them back and forth, or change the inputs..weird stuff, but it always seems to be just a momentary glitch, not a prolonged or repeated re-occurrring problem like this.
me make purty musick!

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:41 pm

To Troubleshoot:

click on the small "A" in the top right corner of that track, and highlight "Active parameters" or whatever, and see if there is a volume or other automation for that track, as someone suggested earlier.

Hold shift, and click on the clip you can't hear (click on the bar at the top of the clip) and drag it down to another track that does work. See if it plays there, so you know if it's a track-specific problem. then try shifting it elsewhere in the timeline and see if it plays.
Also, you can apply filters directly to clips, so make sure you don't see that filter icon on that clip.

Create a new project, and import that audio file into that project and see if it works there.

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:34 pm

brad? is it working brad from Tampa?

bradfromtampa
gettin' sounds

Post by bradfromtampa » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:09 am

brad from tampa here.....

haven't tried those fixes yet... going to tomorrow. was too busy at sesame street live last night. saturday is my play day.

hopefully those suggestions will help me out.. it's so frustrating.. I know that it has got to be something easy and simple. and i will then look back at it and say, oh that's what it was...

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:07 pm

bradfromtampa wrote:was too busy at sesame street live last night.
:crazy:
Last edited by Electricide on Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chovie d
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by chovie d » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:22 am

haha...now every time I sit down at Tracktion (which is damn near every day) I think about your problem and wonder what the hell you (or tracktion) could be doing wrong. :?:
me make purty musick!