What Did You Work On Today? 7-26-07

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

dynomike
carpal tunnel

Post by dynomike » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:16 pm

Well, its now two days past but I'm still willing to talk about two days ago.

Recording and editing guitars for this band thats come down from Ottawa. There were tuning problems, and "lead guitarist couldn't make it" problems.

Today I did some super quick rough mixes with an L3 across the master bus for the band to listen for changes. I took them home too. They sound actually good. Now I'm afraid to change much stuff tomorrow.. I have a day to mix three songs that already sound fine! What to do, what to do... haha.

I am exagerrating of course. Theres things I want to change, but not too many fundaments. Guess that just means I'm getting better at tracking! Woot.

EDIT: Songs done now and its on the samples on my website. God bless myspace releases; instant gratification.
Last edited by dynomike on Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making Efforts and Forging Ahead Courageously! Keeping Honest and Making Innovations Perpetually!

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:59 pm

cleaning up, level matching and sequencing material for a podcast show i'm guest-hosting/engineering/DJing.

the montages i'm putting together for the segues between the songs are what's keeping my interest right now.

it's been going since early 2005 and this is my fourth time hosting.

wh33.

i gotta assemble the thing tomorrow afternoon or else.

the rest of my time is spent being daddy to my 2 yr old dotter, a job i prefer to pretty much everything else. :)
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca