ubertar ribbon mic-- sneak preview of new version on page 23

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

ThePitz
gettin' sounds

Post by ThePitz » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:29 pm

permanent hearing damage wrote:seriously, take your time. if only ribbon mics that cost 4-6 times more had this kind of quality control...
+10
tra la la

Judas Jetski
carpal tunnel

Post by Judas Jetski » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:12 pm

This is a verrrrrrry intriguing project!

I'm sure the results will be worth the wait...

:D :D :D :D :D :D ;)
New Judas Jetski EP up! andysmash.bandcamp.com

www.andysmash.com

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Jeff White » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:33 am

Here's the deal: I'll send mine back to you to have the foil thing done, and at the same time pick up another mic from you, or get on the list, if there are more available. I want to have a pair of these. And you deserve some extra money for doing your part making this board such a great place.

Thank you so much for you effort with this project. I'd also be interested in a kit, but for the time being I'm looking forward to using this (these) mics on a lot of fall/winter recordings, and blowing peep's minds with them.

Let me know where to send the mic to, and I'll get it out to you this week. If there is another mic available, let me know and I'll get you the cash pronto.

Jeff
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord

sad iron
tinnitus

Post by sad iron » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:37 am

Yeah, do I need to send some extra $$ back with the mic?

Thanks so much for doing this. I think it's going to be an awesome mic.

Jason
New music: www.sadironmusic.com

Studio site: www.sadironstudio.com

Novel website: www.sadironpress.com

studiodog
alignin' 24-trk

Post by studiodog » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:39 am

No rush for mine either - take your time and thanks! Looking forward to using them.
"...because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darnit, people like me!"

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by ubertar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:12 am

This post is to add bantam and visible cow to the list, and ipressrecord for a second one.

You guys from batch 1 who are sending them back, you don't need to send me any money. This was my mistake, and I'll fix them free. If you feel compelled to help out, consider buying a hex pickup. http://www.ubertar.com/hexaphonic

ubertar

Post by ubertar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:53 am

This is to add stoneman to the list.

Anyone who wants a mic, just say so in this thread, and you are automatically on the list. I'll add that to my sig... my PM inbox is always at 90+%.

ubertar

Post by ubertar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:35 am

Just so you all know... batch 2 are now all working properly and sound great. I probably won't have a chance to send them out until either Wed or Fri, but they're ready to go.

Jay Reynolds
carpal tunnel

Post by Jay Reynolds » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:44 am

Don't know why i didn't request 2 in the first place, but can you add a second for me? I'll pay the extra $10.
Prog out with your cog out.

ubertar

Post by ubertar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:59 am

superaction80 wrote:Don't know why i didn't request 2 in the first place, but can you add a second for me? I'll pay the extra $10.
You are now on the list for a second one. Unfortunately, I can't just send you two now, b/c that would take one away from someone else. But I'll be making these as fast as I can. Teaching has started for me again, so things are going to slow down a bit. I've also got hex pickups to make and install, instrument projects, R&D experiments and music to make/record. I may eventually bring these up to $50... I think the increase in quality and the amount of time I'm putting into them justify that... but for now I'm going to keep them at $35. For at least another month, unless things get really crazy. I never expected I'd be making this many of them. I'm really overwhelmed by the response. Maybe I should start outsourcing them to a third world country--JUST KIDDING!

Jay Reynolds
carpal tunnel

Post by Jay Reynolds » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:05 pm

ubertar wrote: You are now on the list for a second one. Unfortunately, I can't just send you two now, b/c that would take one away from someone else. But I'll be making these as fast as I can. Teaching has started for me again, so things are going to slow down a bit. I've also got hex pickups to make and install, instrument projects, R&D experiments and music to make/record. I may eventually bring these up to $50... I think the increase in quality and the amount of time I'm putting into them justify that... but for now I'm going to keep them at $35. For at least another month, unless things get really crazy. I never expected I'd be making this many of them. I'm really overwhelmed by the response. Maybe I should start outsourcing them to a third world country--JUST KIDDING!
No problem. Thanks!
Prog out with your cog out.

Judas Jetski
carpal tunnel

Post by Judas Jetski » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:36 pm

Call me insecure, but I just want to make sure I'm on the list! :D I may regret this later, but I think I'm really only looking for one.
New Judas Jetski EP up! andysmash.bandcamp.com

www.andysmash.com

blackdiscoball
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by blackdiscoball » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm

Call me insecure
Hey insecure! (bad joke, but I had to...)
myspace.com/blackdiscoballstudio/

ThePitz
gettin' sounds

Post by ThePitz » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:00 pm

I'm going to be soldering up a storm tonight, so I figured I'd take a stab at the mic while it's hot. Quick question though - do local hardware stores carry copper foil? If not - does lowes/home depot? I used to have a roll of it for de-humming guitars, but that was four apartmnts and two cities ago. Any local leads on the stuff would be much appreciated.
tra la la

newfuturevintage
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by newfuturevintage » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:37 pm

I can handle the repair myself, should be easy, any possibility of having you drop a little copper tape in the mail to me?