Pedal suggestion, please

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

j_howell
pushin' record

Post by j_howell » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:55 pm

Maybe try a resonant filter? I often use an Alesis Philtre (admittedly NOT the sturdiest unit, but as long as you're not stomping on it or kicking it around...) to bring out (or exclude) certain freq ranges, on a variety of instruments...

if you try one, I suggest setting the right-hand toggle for sample and hold, then turn the depth knob all the way down so there's no modulation- just a static filter. Then mess with the bandpass range switch on the right and the two left knobs till you find something you like...I find that this pedal is ridiculously versatile, and yes, it works well for Rhodes, I use it on one pretty often. Works great on just about anything, if you mess with it long enough. The Alesis Bitreman is cool too.

I think inverseroom might second that?
I like pie.

mc437
pushin' record

Post by mc437 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:37 pm

Update on this thread: I have found sounds I like using three pedals. They are: Hand-built FET clean boost (modeled after the Fulltone Fat Boost), Boss OD-2 Turbo Overdrive, and an ElectroHarmonix Small Stone phaser. Using different combinations of these 3 I've had good results. The only thing I need now is an EQ pedal, since I don't like the accentuated highs when I have the OD-2 really driving.