Reamp

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

AstroDan
george martin

Post by AstroDan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:58 pm

Funny story...

When I first saw these, it was always this display pic of the three at different views:

So I wondered a)how the boxes on bottom connected and b)what the hell was the top box for?

I'm from the south. :)
"I have always tried to present myself as the type of person who enjoys watching dudes fight other dudes with iron claws."

plus6
audio school graduate

Post by plus6 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:09 pm

AstroDan wrote:Funny story...

When I first saw these, it was always this display pic of the three at different views:

So I wondered a)how the boxes on bottom connected and b)what the hell was the top box for?

I'm from the south. :)
Because many people didn't understand what the box did in 94 it was importiant to show the I/O and trim knob. I did wonder if people would think they were buying three boxes but it never came up in 16 years - until now :shock:

jgimbel
carpal tunnel

Post by jgimbel » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:28 pm

Before I knew what reamping was, I always wondered what the bottom two boxes were for too. Astrodan you're not alone! It wasn't until I saw the image large on a computer screen that I realized it was just three views. When that image is small in a magazine or catalog that looks like one mind-boggling contraption!

plus6
audio school graduate

Post by plus6 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:42 pm

jgimbel wrote:Before I knew what reamping was, I always wondered what the bottom two boxes were for too. Astrodan you're not alone! It wasn't until I saw the image large on a computer screen that I realized it was just three views. When that image is small in a magazine or catalog that looks like one mind-boggling contraption!
Thanks for that info - I will see if I can get a single box photo that works well in a print ad.

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by ubertar » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:34 am

plus6 wrote:
jgimbel wrote:Before I knew what reamping was, I always wondered what the bottom two boxes were for too. Astrodan you're not alone! It wasn't until I saw the image large on a computer screen that I realized it was just three views. When that image is small in a magazine or catalog that looks like one mind-boggling contraption!
Thanks for that info - I will see if I can get a single box photo that works well in a print ad.
Or maybe just label them "front" and "back". That way you give the most information without being confusing. The side view really isn't necessary. Then again, if the text becomes too small in a print-sized ad, labels won't help either.

jgimbel
carpal tunnel

Post by jgimbel » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:42 pm

i think ubertar's right. just label them front and back. i don't mind seeing the sideview as it's got the logo there. i do a lot of product photography and honestly they're beautiful photos, which is pretty awesome considering it's a small red box. just labelling them front and back under each, aligned to the right, left, or center of each view would clear it up. in that case i don't think the sideview would need labelling.