Event Studio Precision (ASP8)

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

theenvycorps
ass engineer

Event Studio Precision (ASP8)

Post by theenvycorps » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:11 pm

I am ready to upgrade my monitors from my current M-Audios. I am running a project studio at home, no clients to wow or anything. I have about $800, so I figure I can wait a bit and afford something more. I listened to the Event ASP8s at Guitar Center and I really liked them. The only other speaker they had in that price range were KRK V8s and I definitely preferred the Events. Thoughts?

Ryan Silva
tinnitus

Post by Ryan Silva » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:04 pm

I also had a similar money situation. I listened to the V8s, Events 20/20s(8in), and the ASP6s (6.5in) And I have to say that I prefered the bass respopnse on the ASP6s over the 20/20s, and highs and the mids were much clearer than the V8s, And most importantly I could afford them.
Next week I get the event Subwoffer. That should fill things in a little.

M-audios godbye
"Writing good songs is hard. recording is easy. "

MoreSpaceEcho

buzzaudioguy
gettin' sounds

Post by buzzaudioguy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:00 am

I've got a pair of the Precision 8's about a month ago to replace my 20/20's and I LOVE them! I used to use the 20/20 with the 20/20/15 sub when I had a larger control room, but since I moved I didn't have the room for the sub. I was tired of the 20/20's anyway and decided to make the jump, and I'm happy I did! The mids are clearer, the highs are less fatiguing, and the lows are extremely strong without the need of an added sub. So yeah, I'm all about 'em!

Middleman
audio school

Post by Middleman » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:46 pm

The ASP8s have been at my house for about a year now. Translation is amazing. When you finish the song on these, there are few suprises on other systems. I only found 1 pair of monitors better under $2K and that was the JBL 6328s.

Doublehelix
takin' a dinner break

Post by Doublehelix » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:01 am

I also went from the Event 20/20bas's to the ASP8's, and I am very, very happy. All the comments above are spot on, great translation, great low-end response.

Highly recommended.
DH

"Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."
-Yogi Berra

jspartz
buyin' gear

Post by jspartz » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:19 pm

Cool,

I have been interested in this upgrade myself but I have not had a good chance to listen to the new Events in a room worth my time. I tried a GC but it was not good. Not sure if the monitors had been setup poorly or what.

Anyway, I have the 20/20 BAS monitors and I would love the hear more about the change between the two. What are the big differences in sound and did it really improve your mixing?

Thanks,

Jason