Authoring 24 bit DVD audio disk.

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

philipgolden
audio school graduate

Authoring 24 bit DVD audio disk.

Post by philipgolden » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:19 am

I've been listening to my 24bit DVD of "Tommy" and it's just killing me that I haven't been able to listen to the recordings that come out of my space like this. I've been all over the web trying to figure this out.

Does anyone know the proper tools for authoring a playable 24 bit DVD audio disk? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Professor
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Professor » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:27 pm

Easiest way is said to be Disc Welder Bronze (haven't tried it myself), and then they have progressively more involved software versions depending on whether you just want the basics or really need to make product.
You can check them out here.

Of course, those discs will only be able to run in DVD-A players that can playback recordable DVDs. If you want broader playback compatability, you could add a DTS encoder from SurCode which will allow you to encode to a format for either DTS encoded CDs or DVDs, that would play back in any DVD player or for the CDs, they will playback through a CD player with a digital output being fed to a surround receiver. But be careful because those CDs will playback as noise in any normal CD player.

-Jeremy

philipgolden
audio school graduate

Post by philipgolden » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:14 pm

Thanks. I'm specifically looking to author DVD-A to DVDs. I'll check out the package you recommended (unless anyone has any other ideas?). Thanks for heads up.

konabuzz
takin' a dinner break

Post by konabuzz » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:41 am

Doesn't Wavelab 4, more likely 5 do DVD "authoring" ? I'm assuming you're less concerned with the surround possibilities and more with the 24bit improvements.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong about Wavelab...
"Jigsaw Jazz and the Get Fresh Flow"

http://www.youtube.com/user/simpletech?feature=mhee

philipgolden
audio school graduate

Post by philipgolden » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:11 pm

Right. Surround not an issue for me. I have a copy of Wavelab somewhere, although not sure of version. I will definitely check this out. Thanks.