Looking for a rackable mini mixer similar to this...

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

daede
takin' a dinner break

Looking for a rackable mini mixer similar to this...

Post by daede » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:37 am

... this ...

Here's my goal-

1 RU
6+ ins
XLR outs for each in.

Any suggestions?
"There's nothing noble in being better than your fellow man. True nobility comes from being better than your former self." Or something like that.

www.dreamachinemusic.com

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:08 am

shure makes a bunch of these. The older ones are transformer based and sound pretty good. do you need direct outs for each channel?

daede
takin' a dinner break

Post by daede » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:29 am

junkshop wrote:shure makes a bunch of these. The older ones are transformer based and sound pretty good. do you need direct outs for each channel?
Yeah, basically the idea is that my band is switching to wireless in ear monitoring, so if we can run all the pertinent mics thru this mixer, make our own mix, and then spit it back out so the sound guy can do whatever he wants with it for the house- that way we arent relying on them sending us back anything, or accidentally pushing the faders up and killing our ears.

These transformer based ones- do you happen to know any model numbers I can search for?

Thanks!
"There's nothing noble in being better than your fellow man. True nobility comes from being better than your former self." Or something like that.

www.dreamachinemusic.com

A.David.MacKinnon
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by A.David.MacKinnon » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:24 pm

This is the one I'm talking about.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SHURE-M68FCA-Microp ... dZViewItem
It's nothing fancy but they sound pretty good and can be found for next to nothing. The only drag is that there is only 1 out, and no EQ.

daede
takin' a dinner break

Post by daede » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:28 pm

Looks cool, but I definitely need an out for each channel.

www.dreamachinemusic.com

jmligt
alignin' 24-trk

splitter

Post by jmligt » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:06 pm

Why not just get a splitter box and split the signal before the mixer rather than after? Then you wouldn't have to worry about sending every channel out through your mixers. Something like this http://www.whirlwindusa.com/split.html