Itty Bitty Multieffects

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Knights Who Say Neve
buyin' a studio

Post by Knights Who Say Neve » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:13 pm

The Electrix MoFx kicks ass for live effects tweekage. Tap tempo, lots of blinky lights, everything has a knob/button (no presets). It's also stereo. I used to use one with an ESQ1 live for ambientish freejazz stuff- worked really well.
"What you're saying is, unlike all the other writers, if it was really new, you'd know it was new when you heard it, and you'd love it. <b>That's a hell of an assumption</b>". -B. Marsalis

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:27 am

Oh, boy, the ESQ is the shit. I traded mine in for an SQ-80, the same thing with a disk drive, more waveforms, and polyphonic aftertouch. It is my favorite synth ever.

I went and bought a G2. Easy enough to send back if I don't like it. Will report. I'd like to think that inexpensive DSP technology has gotten unsucky enough for a fussbudget like me to actually use.

creature.of.habit
buyin' a studio

Post by creature.of.habit » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:25 pm

Inverse,

sorry, i didnt realize you werent talking about the G2, and i didnt refer it in the initial post cause i didnt remember the name, and was too lazy too look it up, sorry bout that lol :roll:

im glad you did go with it...and about the memory man, i feel exactly the same way about mine :wink:

let me know how it works out for you..

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:54 pm

Oh my. Diogo, I got my G2 a few hours ago and haven't stopped playing it since. I love it. An absolutely solid, quiet, awesome-sounding unit. The delays are MARVELOUS. And I'm sure purists will scoff, but I think the amp and cab modeling is pretty great too. Nowhere near as versatile as a POD or ToneLab (my personal fave) but quite nice. The JC120 model is just lovely.

And the most surprising thing on the whole unit, IMHO, is the "digital fuzz." What a completely whacked-out sound!!! The way it decays into hideous spitting is an inspiration. I made a dozen new patches in an hour and already have basically reproduced every single thing I do with my entire pedalboard and live amp.

EXCEPT the Memory Man's ability to put vibrato on the delayed signal only. Nothing else seems to be able to do this.

Anyway, thanks again!

kayagum
ghost haunting audio students

Post by kayagum » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:45 pm

Glad you like your G2!

This thread helped me. I plugged my aforementioned SansAmp into the input of the Boss SP202, and voila! ring mod!