Anyone Bought From nice-racks.com?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Catoogie
buyin' a studio

Anyone Bought From nice-racks.com?

Post by Catoogie » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:08 am

Just curious to see if anyone here has ever bought or used any of the racks from nice-racks.com? The prices look to be pretty reasonable.

restless-young-romantic
gettin' sounds

Post by restless-young-romantic » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:16 am

He totally screwed a friend of ours who left a depsoit, had some health problems, then sold the piece & kept his deposit. BEWARE!

Ian
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Ian » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:45 pm

I bought two 8 space racks from him (pine with a Cherry stain) they look real nice. I wouldn't say they are a work of art or anything, but I think they are a good deal for the price. I recieved mine promptly and he came through with everything he promised. They look a whole lot better than black or grey formica. I looked into getting a couple more, but on his site he said he was backed up and not taking any more orders for a while.

jebjerome
takin' a dinner break

Post by jebjerome » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:34 am

Got an 8 space. It's solid, looks nice and was cheap. No problems with them.
<i>who shot...
What, who, the bazooka was who
And to my rescue, it was the S1Ws - PE</i>
Jeb

slochldrnplayin
ass engineer

Post by slochldrnplayin » Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:31 pm

I know a couple people who have gotten stuff from him, and had no issues. He even did a bit of extra work for one of my buddies who ordered a custom built rack.

ccjones
studio intern

Post by ccjones » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:05 am

I bought an 8 space rack from them last year. I sent a "swatch" to match my studio desk. They matched it close to perfect. The rack is strong and sturdy, too nice to take on the road though. Great price, great peeps.
2 thumbs up

C.C.

toothpastefordinner
buyin' a studio

Post by toothpastefordinner » Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:58 pm

restless-young-romantic wrote:He totally screwed a friend of ours who left a depsoit, had some health problems, then sold the piece & kept his deposit. BEWARE!
Your friend put down a non-returnable deposit on something, then failed to pay for the rest of it, and they kept his deposit? No way. They must be criminals. :roll:

restless-young-romantic
gettin' sounds

Post by restless-young-romantic » Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:15 pm

Listen.... David should of handled it better and didnt. If either of us ran a business like that, we wouldnt be in business long. HES A CREEP in my book and many others and not the first time it had happened. As a nice note, the gentleman this happened to was offered a great deal from another company (Raxxess) after they heard what happened and the room looks great and professional. Good things happen to good people!
Merry Christmas

spankenstein
re-cappin' neve

Post by spankenstein » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:54 pm

Depending on the amount of money I could see having to sell. The small company I work at sells some pretty hefty priced items. We get terms from our vendors and loans from our banks to purchase materials and equipment on receipt of a contract. Those terms and notes come due. If the customer doesn't pay then we still have to make those payments if we want to keep going. While it would be nice for everyone to be able to bail someone out of a problem it's not always financially possible.