Making the switch ... uh ...

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:14 pm

drumsound wrote:
Mark Alan Miller wrote:
drumsound wrote:What are the chances that projects done on the 8-track will be re-visited?
That's why I suggested transferring everything living on 1/2" to data before letting the machine go. That way they're all played back with (hopefully) the same heads, azimuth, zenith and other alignment being at least really close to when they were tracked, as opposed to some other 1/2" deck rented, borrowed or bought somewhere down the road when an old project needs reworking...
Yes I agree, But, if he's like me and makes clients take their tapes with them...
Well, yeah. I really was referring to whatever's around (and thusly being kinda responsible for.) I think we've covered that now. Ha-ha! :)
he took a duck in the face at two and hundred fifty knots.

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.

foley
pushin' record

Post by foley » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:12 am

I have some tapes from a couple of bands. Mainly the 17-18 year old kid power-pop-punk bands who are going to use it as a coaster while playing Halo 2.

Will they come back? Probably, when they are 35 and want a remix of their youthful "genius". Hmmm.

I guess I could just dump it all down to a hard drive, or I could hold on to it. I still have my four track from back in the day, and I've been slowly getting around to dumping those tracks into the box for remixing. Fun stuff.

I think I'm gonna keep it. I'll probably only be able to fetch 5 or 6 hundred for it, so why bother? I'll just make the wife eat ramen for a month.

Kidding! :D

Thanks again for all the help.

Mark Alan Miller
dead but not forgotten

Post by Mark Alan Miller » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:20 am

foley, I think you're making a good choice.
Easy on the Ramen - there's MSG in a lot of brands...
he took a duck in the face at two and hundred fifty knots.

http://www.radio-valkyrie.com/ao/aoindex.htm - download the new record (free is an option!) or get it on CD.