drum library reviewed in TO: Can't find the issue. Can You?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

CabreeToe
alignin' 24-trk

drum library reviewed in TO: Can't find the issue. Can You?

Post by CabreeToe » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:14 am

I have been on the look out for a drum library that was reviewed in an previous issue of TAPE OP and am racking my brain as to what it was called. For the life of me I can't remember and I just moved so all my issues are packed away in a box and only my wife knows where it may have been

I remember it being described as a multi-tracked drum library recorded in a Brooklyn or Bronx studio; signal chain straight to tape. Sonically described as BIG kinda dirty drums (something written like) "Drums recorded the right way" (interpret that however you feel) Said the whole thing was delivered via single hits, stereo, as well as both multi-tracked pro tools sessions and midi groove templates. Also, said it would be a great way of hearing/seeing how a "proper" multitrack kit should be handled for newbies to the world of drum recoding. (i.e. me)

I understand that is very vague and probably the tag line to many adverts and many marketing pamphlets of Drum libraries but if this rings a bell for anyone maybe they can direct me in the right direction. Google can only do so much with such little information.

Thanx

silver sonya
gettin' sounds

Post by silver sonya » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:55 am

I think you're thinking of Drumdrops. www.drumdrops.com

cheers,
Chad

CabreeToe
alignin' 24-trk

thanks

Post by CabreeToe » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:24 pm

:D :D thank you silver sonya :D :D

Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.
G.I. J********* ( excuse me )