NU-TRA
takin' a dinner break

Post by NU-TRA » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:42 pm

Ooh! When?

AnalogElectric
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by AnalogElectric » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:50 pm

NU-TRA wrote:Ooh! When?
The link doesn't have a release date yet. It was just announced today that the first plug-in will be the Neve 1073 EQ. I'm guessing it'll be later this year when it's ready? It was a NAMM show announcement so I'm guessing it's just in the "official agreement phase".

-- Adam Lazlo
AnalogElectric Recording
Gilbert, Arizona USA
http://www.analogelectric.com
http://www.myspace.com/adamlazlo

NU-TRA
takin' a dinner break

Post by NU-TRA » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:09 pm

damn that's awesome... I guess I should still save up for the URS stuff... I'm gonna need better eq's to mix my album in a few months.

Jenre
audio school graduate

Post by Jenre » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:19 am

Definitely need to get a UAD-1 card now

doctari
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by doctari » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:21 am

How do these plug in devices stand up sonically to their hardware counter parts? My setup is simple with only the plug ins bundled with my PTLE 6.9. Limited experience with plug ins. Is there any common wisdom on plug ins versus hardware. You get more devices for the dollar with the UAD, but are we being well served quality wise. Can Neve really impart its sonic stamp on 0's and 1's?

NU-TRA
takin' a dinner break

Post by NU-TRA » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:29 am

I really like the UAD card... I use logic so I can freeze the track and it will take the processing off the uad card. i can use as many plug ins as my comp can handle and I love the 1176 and la2a and my fave new plug is the plate reverb... it's dope.. I record iat 96k so I hear a bigger difference in plug in quality.

The UAD card the URS plugs and the sonalksis kick ass!

AnalogElectric
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by AnalogElectric » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:01 pm

doctari wrote:How do these plug in devices stand up sonically to their hardware counter parts? My setup is simple with only the plug ins bundled with my PTLE 6.9. Limited experience with plug ins. Is there any common wisdom on plug ins versus hardware. You get more devices for the dollar with the UAD, but are we being well served quality wise. Can Neve really impart its sonic stamp on 0's and 1's?
Sure it would be nice to have the real outboard piece as opposed to the plug-ins but the plugs sound great. The only other plugs I'm used to are the ones that came with Nuendo and the Waves Diamond bundle.

I prefer the UAD plugs. The Pultec EQ's are really nice (I use those a lot). The Precision Limiter, and the Precision EQ gets used on the stereo mix pretty much every time. There really isn't anything on the UAD where I felt cheated.

Sure, I'd like to own the real thing but UAD has delivered some really great "musical" plugs. Coming from someone that was an analog purist until a couple years ago.

UAD's reputation is not just hype. It's more than just "bang for your buck".

-- Adam Lazlo
AnalogElectric Recording
Gilbert, Arizona USA
http://www.analogelectric.com
http://www.myspace.com/adamlazlo

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:22 pm

AnalogElectric wrote:
doctari wrote:How do these plug in devices stand up sonically to their hardware counter parts? My setup is simple with only the plug ins bundled with my PTLE 6.9. Limited experience with plug ins. Is there any common wisdom on plug ins versus hardware. You get more devices for the dollar with the UAD, but are we being well served quality wise. Can Neve really impart its sonic stamp on 0's and 1's?
Sure it would be nice to have the real outboard piece as opposed to the plug-ins but the plugs sound great. The only other plugs I'm used to are the ones that came with Nuendo and the Waves Diamond bundle.

I prefer the UAD plugs. The Pultec EQ's are really nice (I use those a lot). The Precision Limiter, and the Precision EQ gets used on the stereo mix pretty much every time. There really isn't anything on the UAD where I felt cheated.

Sure, I'd like to own the real thing but UAD has delivered some really great "musical" plugs. Coming from someone that was an analog purist until a couple years ago.

UAD's reputation is not just hype. It's more than just "bang for your buck".

-- Adam Lazlo
I hear ya...the Pultec is some kind of magic when put on certain tracks - bass, acoustic guitar, synths...I don't even mess with the knobs half the time. The LA2A plug is cool, too, and the EMT deal is just perty.

NewAndImprov
re-cappin' neve

Post by NewAndImprov » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:46 am

I have the UAD card, and I have used 1176's and LA2A's, but never side-by-side with the UAD. I don't get to use 1176's on a daily basis or anything, but to my ears, the UAD captures the character, if not the essence, of what they are emulating. Plus, regardless of how much they sound like the real thing, they do sound much better than any other plugin compressor I've used. If all the UAD card did was the 1176 and LA2A, it would be worth it for me. That card has paid for itself in improved mixes many times over.

I'm pretty excited about the Neve collaboration.

Ben Logan
takin' a dinner break

Post by Ben Logan » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:49 am

I wouldn't get too excited about those UAD-1 Neve Plugs appearing any time soon. UA announced the Space Echo almost a year ago, and it still hasn't surfaced (although they seem damn close).

The great thing about UA Digital is that they seem to take the time to get it right, even if that means holding their fans in suspense.

Love the UA 1176, LA2A, and Pultec.

Ben Logan
takin' a dinner break

Post by Ben Logan » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:52 am

NU-TRA wrote:I really like the UAD card... I use logic so I can freeze the track and it will take the processing off the uad card. i can use as many plug ins as my comp can handle and I love the 1176 and la2a and my fave new plug is the plate reverb... it's dope.. I record iat 96k so I hear a bigger difference in plug in quality.

The UAD card the URS plugs and the sonalksis kick ass!
YEAH! I didn't know you could apply the freeze function to the UA plugs. Sweet. Now I'm motivated to upgrade from my 8 year old Logic version...

JES
tinnitus

Post by JES » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:04 pm

More props for UAD 1176,LA2A and Pulltec. I also love the URS EQs. They all find a place in my mixes.

--JES