New to mixing in the box (Nuendo 2)

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

markpar
george martin

New to mixing in the box (Nuendo 2)

Post by markpar » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:24 pm

Hey everyone - I'm back,

I took some good friends into Bear Creek Studio (http://www.bearcreekstudio.com) this past weekend to do drum tracks for their next album and am gonna use Nuendo, instead of my HDR 24/96 (since we'll end up with >24 tracks, I'm sure).

One thing I can't figure out is how to assign a bunch of tracks to a Group Track I created. For example, what I'm doing is taking the raw tracks for each song, putting the 15 or so drum tracks into a group and riding that fader, so we can eval the guitar & bass performances. However, every single time I load up a song (well, the first time, anyway), I have to manually assign all 15 tracks to the "Drum Submix" group track. Is there an easier way to do this?

Thx!
-mark

John Jeffers
buyin' a studio

Post by John Jeffers » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:42 pm

Open up a new project, set it up exactly the way you want it, then go to File...Save As Template. After that, every time you create a new Project, you can select the template you created and all that stuff will already be done for you.

Slider
george martin

Post by Slider » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:36 am

I think you select all the tracks you want to assign to the group, then hold shift (I might be wrong it could be Ctrl) then route any of these selected channels to the group you want to send to (while holding shift or ctrl or whatever it is).
All those channels will now be sent to your selected bus.

The templete thing is also great advice.
Get your tracking session setup the way you like, then save as templete.
Mine are setup with groups ready to go.

markpar
george martin

Post by markpar » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:42 pm

Cool - thanks guys. I do have a template set up, but didn't know if the mixer settings would save (the online help for Nuendo is not the greatest in the world).

I'll tried selecting all the channels and assigning, but didn't try any Shift, Alt or Ctrl combinations - I'll try that, too.

I test computer software for a living and the number of UI bugs in Nuendo are just insane!

-mark