Setting the click track in PT

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

Radioaction
alignin' 24-trk

Setting the click track in PT

Post by Radioaction » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:02 pm

I was wondering how you would set a click track in PT LE for a song with time changes. I'm recording a friends band and they have one song that switches from 4/4 time to 3/4, then back to 4/4. They also have one that is in 4/4 the whole time, but half way through it speeds up. Any help on how to do this would be great, thanks

Scott

sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

Post by sonikbliss » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:28 pm

I believe you can just create tempo/meter changes along the bars/beats timeline that will change the grid and then the click will follow the grid.

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:39 pm

The above post is true.

Isnt it just apple> I for "insert tempo something or other."

I am not in front of the PT rig at the studio...

3db@1K
gettin' sounds

Re: Setting the click track in PT

Post by 3db@1K » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:55 pm

Radioaction wrote:I was wondering how you would set a click track in PT LE for a song with time changes. I'm recording a friends band and they have one song that switches from 4/4 time to 3/4, then back to 4/4. They also have one that is in 4/4 the whole time, but half way through it speeds up. Any help on how to do this would be great, thanks

Scott
It is all under the MIDI menu. For meter changes you have three options Change Meter, Cut Time and Insert Time. In the tempo changes under the MIDI menu you have a few options Linear, Constant, Parabolic, S-Curve, Stretch and Scale. All of these functions have to be done outside of Manual tempo mode.

So get your starting tempo and meter on the transport control and go to grid mode and start to map out your song. It is pretty easy and quick. If you have any questions PM me and I will give you my number. It can be a lot easier to be guided through it once.