Vinyl Pressing Plant Recommendations?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

giuseppe_fl
alignin' 24-trk

Re: archer.

Post by giuseppe_fl » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:58 am

I'm really surprised that United won't do 24. I thought they did.
brightpavilions wrote:Hey folks.

Here in Detroit, we use Archer Records. They do a great job on anything from rock records to hip-hop and techno. If you're in the Midwest shipping will be cheaper too, or you can always come visit and pick up your records!

http://www.archerrecordpressing.com
+1 on Archer. They are indeed the number one choice here in thunderdome, er, Detroit. They're top shelf people, and they do great work.

qued
studio intern

Post by qued » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:13 am

My band just finished getting records pressed and are very pleased with the results from everyone who did work for us. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of the following.

lacquer by Paul Gold @ Salt Mastering
plating by Mastercraft
pressing by RIP-V in Montreal.

For any canadian groups, RIP-V is a great option as the quality is great and it saves a lot of time and expense when shipping the records.

GeorgeZ
audio school

GZ and pollution

Post by GeorgeZ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:40 am

Kevin Kitchel wrote:Gramofonove Zavody, or GZCD is one of the worst polluters in Europe man.
Do you have any proof for this statement?

I still can find this rumor on many sites and forums about pressing plants. Maybe there could have been some problems 30 or more years ago, because the communists didn't have much respect for ecology, but now we are in EU and we have to follow their rules and respect the limits very carefully.

Yes, GZ can be considered as a plant working with chemical components (galvanics, vinyl compound, printing, plastics etc.) but you can found hundreds of similar plants around Europe and US.
Jiri Zita
GZ Digital Media