ACMFORMATCHOOSE structure too small?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

CabreeToe
alignin' 24-trk

ACMFORMATCHOOSE structure too small?

Post by CabreeToe » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:53 am

So I recently got a new Plextor PX-755SA and plextools professional software came with it. the 755SA is a SATA connected DVD-+RW writer. It was purchased in an emergency situation and I though (at the time WTF spend the extra cash you need a good drive)

A couple of projects later and I need to go back and pull a track from an audio cd my friend burned. And Wavelab Crashed on me. So I tried a freeware Audiograbber same crash as before the whole system just freezes. As does winamp, and Plextools Professional. How can all of these programs work just fine then when I try to perform DIGITAL AUDIO EXTRACTION from ANY DISC not just the homemade one they lock up my whole system.
I'm sorry Plextools is the only one that didn't lock up it only gave me some weird error about:

"the buffer identified by the pwfx member of the ACMFORMATCHOOSE structure is to small to contain the selected format. - error opening stream"

Anyone want to get in to their personal SDK manuals and find out how the hell I'm supposed to fix the pwfx member of the ACMFORMATCHOOSE structure?

Sounds like a windows based issue. Or a program affecting the entire system.

What would you do?

Thanks
Cabreetoe

effector
takin' a dinner break

Post by effector » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:31 am

which version of windows are you using? here's a page regarding the acmFormatChoose structure:

http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/en ... 05093.aspx

will that help you at all? i'm not sure.

CabreeToe
alignin' 24-trk

Post by CabreeToe » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:01 pm

I'm running windows XP professioanl SP2

thanks for looking around for me.
Although I found that page when I first encountered the problem and it didn't explain much to me. It has too much information on the subject of ACMFORMATCHOOSE for SDK (software development kits). I dunno maybe if I study it for a while I'll figure out something.

Thanks for helping.

Cabreetoe