Recording Studio Construction in Portland area

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

workshed
suffering 'studio suck'

Recording Studio Construction in Portland area

Post by workshed » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:55 pm

Hey All-

I'm thinking about adding another room next to my studio space as a tracking room with some isolation/amp closets and a separate entrance. I'm wondering if anyone knows of knowledgeable, licensed contractors in the Portland, OR area who specialize in studio construction. The guy who built our house could do it, but I'd essentially have to learn all about the construction methods and explain them to him. Might be nice to get an estimate from someone who knows more about everything involved in the process.

Thanks,

-Bret

Kyle
steve albini likes it

Post by Kyle » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:02 am

If you are willing to put up that kind of money. I would suggest working with a studio designer. They already know what they are doing and you will will get a design that works for you and has the experience of a designer behind it. They will be able to provide you with a blueprint and any decent contractor can build your room from the prints.
Kyle

workshed
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by workshed » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:22 am

Thanks, Kyle -- that's a great idea. We really like our builder and it would be ideal to have him doing the actual work since he built the house and knows it already. I'll check into studio designers.

-Bret