Anybody ordered from Hamptone recently? Or have phone info?

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

gabriel
ass engineer

Anybody ordered from Hamptone recently? Or have phone info?

Post by gabriel » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:04 pm

Anybody placed (and received) an order with Hamptone recently? I put in an order for an assembled tube pre about 3 weeks ago, and haven't received a single email confirming my order or anything. Just trying to figure out if Hamptone has disappeared off the map or is just swamped with orders or what... any news or contact info beyond email would be appreciated...

Thanks,
-Gabriel

PT
pushin' record

Post by PT » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:26 pm

I tried to place an order for a set of pre's about two months ago. I did get one response from Mr. Hamptone (he was away at the TapeOp conference). He said he would get back to me but never did.

hopeless_opus
alignin' 24-trk

Post by hopeless_opus » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:03 am

I ordered a JFET kit from Scott about a year ago. It did take a while b/c parts were back ordered, but damn I love the pre!

You have to be persistant when contacting him b/c he's busy, but he always answered my questions eventually. My advice is don't email over the weekend, or on monday. (as he's trying to catch up and respond to emails from the weekend) I also think he may try and respond to people with tech problems doing the build first, so if you don't get a response just try again.

When I emailed during the middle of the week he generally got back to me with in a few hours. I never felt a need to call so I don't have a number.

electric sound of jim
ass engineer

Post by electric sound of jim » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:26 pm

I placed an order for an assembled HJFP2 around 3 weeks ago which I picked up from the post office this morning, so all is well here..

rhythm ranch
mixes from purgatory

Post by rhythm ranch » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:48 pm

He's sharing space with Larry Crane now, isn't he?

Larry, you out there? :?: