battle of the E. drums borgi vs hart dynamic vs pintech etc

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

mus1k_freak
alignin' 24-trk

battle of the E. drums borgi vs hart dynamic vs pintech etc

Post by mus1k_freak » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:48 pm

looking for a cheap electronic drum kit to have around the studio, i have drum kit from hell and BFD also have a alesis DM5 the only thing i dont have is the acutual kit, im not a drummer by any means i just want something decent, with mesh heads to keep around for jamming with and laying some simple drum tracks down, has anybody had experience with any of these..in the $1000 range, the hart dynamics virtuoso doesnt look to bad, Borgi (which i never heard of until today) looks good for the money but theres no specs about them anywhere on line, like if there chokable cymbals, dual zone triggers or what, and pintech ive seen around competitvly priced as well, id ont know any dealers around my area that carry any of these so i cant go test any :evil: i was hopeing maybe some of you have had experience with some of these
doctors practice, musicians perform

covert
pushin' record

Post by covert » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:26 am

I've been very happy with every pintech item I've come in contact with.
"when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

mus1k_freak
alignin' 24-trk

Post by mus1k_freak » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:25 am

thats cool, do you know if they have dual zone snares?
doctors practice, musicians perform

mamm7215
audio school

Post by mamm7215 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:39 am

don't get the borghi, they're toys. Better reviews with the pintech, nice mesh heads. I've got the yamaha DTXpressII I got off E-bay cheap, you can get them for a little more than the borghi's, pintechs about the same price but the yamaha's got a better module.