A positive gear story

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

joel hamilton
zen recordist

A positive gear story

Post by joel hamilton » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:58 am

So we decide to get a very expensive microphone....

I had already purchased one from Odyssey Pro audio, and I was very happy with the results, and dealings with that company. ( I also like sonic circus quite a lot).

My studio partner decides he is going o get a mic just like it, for the times when i am away. I tell him that Odyssey totally rocks and he talks to them about getting another mic of this type, and one comes through!

We get the mic, and it is a f'n shaker. doesnt pass signal, had three screws rattling around in it, and we were so bummed....

long story short:

Odyssey pro sound, in conjunction with BLUE microphones made this a really, really positive experience. Both of those companies, blue and odyssey, really went about 19 extra miles to make sure we were totally psyched about the mic, and that we were glad about the purchase and the whole experience.

We are.

Just wanted to let people know, that in a sea of broken "od shit" claiming to be a "vintage gem," these guys really step up to the plate and make it happen for you, and that felt good. To feel like you are at the old general store, where they know your name and will help you with a purchase... that feels good as well.

Check these guys out, and I can safely say at this point that these people will make sure you are glad about what you got from them. They actually are PEOPLE, and you can talk to them, and they stand behind their offerings!

Amazing....

citystate
takin' a dinner break

Post by citystate » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:12 am

I sold a console through Odyssey 6 months ago. Totally positive experience.

They went above and beyond and hooked me up with a local buyer. I was paid within a fews days after the sale.

AnalogElectric
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by AnalogElectric » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:00 am

I bought a U47 tube BLUE refirb back in 97 and it started acting weird several years later. I called up BLUE and they fixed it for free, all I had to do was pay for shipping. It should also be mentioned the warranty was past due. I didn't whine or anything when I called them about repair, they were completely nonchalant about it.

I should say not to expect the same treatment I got, haha. I don't know if they're as forgiving now. Needless to say, that was a pleasant surprise.

-- Adam Lazlo
AnalogElectric Recording
Gilbert, Arizona USA
http://www.analogelectric.com
http://www.myspace.com/adamlazlo

snatchman
george martin

Post by snatchman » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:11 pm

Nothing but good things to say about Odyssey.!.... 8)