Loopers:EH 2880, Digitech Jamman, electrix repeater, boss...

Recording Techniques, People Skills, Gear, Recording Spaces, Computers, and DIY

Moderators: drumsound, tomb

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Re: Loopers:EH 2880, Digitech Jamman, electrix repeater, boss...

Post by kslight » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:17 pm

shedshrine wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:43 pm
But..but he said it was easy to use! :lol:
I know, I get it. That doesn't make it not complicated. I am intrigued a bit. I'm more into using loopers for noise/electronic/jams than for making an A B C structured one man guitar band, so my expectations may not be the same as their target audience.

I currently have a Pigtronix Infinity Looper (the old one). It was probably the best looper for me at the time, but it became complicated too with firmware updates (secret button presses that you'll never remember, no screen except the number display).

The Headrush Looperboard looks a bit like a huge trainwreck, I dunno who asked for a looper as big as an aircraft carrier but...

The things I like about this Singular thing - size, screen, standard 9v power input (!)

Unsure about - complexity, development (firmware is evolving), doesn't have a couple cool things I like (reverse, pitch), no effects (I know, I have my own effects, but a few simple time based things would be cool)

winky dinglehoffer
buyin' a studio

Post by winky dinglehoffer » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:07 pm

Currently the Repeater is in storage, so the only loopage I have is a Deltalab Echotron ADM4096. Works nicely for sludgy drum loops. A lot of trial and error to get a loop right. But that's how it goes if you want to do it old school.

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:04 am

From the 'specifications' section on that Aeros Loop thingy:

"Bluetooth for reasons."

Hahaha what? Somebody never got back to that part they were going to get back to.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:48 pm

MoreSpaceEcho wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:04 am
From the 'specifications' section on that Aeros Loop thingy:

"Bluetooth for reasons."

Hahaha what? Somebody never got back to that part they were going to get back to.
IIRC, the Aeros has Bluetooth builtin probably for mobile device control but it is not (was not?) implemented yet.